Winter Waterskiing in Washington State

RichardDoane

• Baller_
Since quite a few of the "baller" population will put their skis away while their lakes freeze, I thought I'd keep the camera rolling up here in the Pacific NW. This weekend's victim is Randy "wallyskeer" Walston, M4, and he was killing it on his 68" Strada until the handle gets away.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Looks like fun, I packed up the dry suit and headed south. Yesterday 0 boats on Ski Paridise, 1 on 1 of 3 lakes at Ski West, nobody home at Adobe. Skied today at Gurrnets in Arvin, water 61, air 70, 1 other boat on the lake. Washington skiers are tough ! The Cali boys apparently call it a season when the water drops to 70. Never did see Horton out.

• Baller
Big Fork eh.  Heading over to C Falls later this week to see a buddy then on to Conrad to pick up a winter time play toy from a another friend.  Bought my boat in the late 90's from a guy out of Great Falls (Pete S) back when he was a SN promo guy.  You know him?  Can't believe you'd rather live in FLA than up here in God's country http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-wink.gif

Thager

what sort of time are you playing with Friday - Saturday? I live really close to the airport and would love to return the favor to a BOS'er if RD, OF or Wally aren't available. Depending on the weather (calling for snow this weekend) we could hit up RadaR or Lake Samamish! I've got a couple extra sets of gear if your up for a ski ride as well!

Agustafson@live.com

Andy G

Today is Scott Thompsons 63rd, b-day. Skied with him and Marry in the rain one set at lunch and then had my wife pull me late just before the sun went down. Absolutely beutiful water and the sun was poking through the clouds with all kinds of orange sun set shinning through. One of the better sets of the whole year.

Hey I just noticed his ski chatter on his last pass when he pulled out for the gates. I go through several sets at a time where I start having the same problem. This comes and goes. I know it has to be caused by body position but is it because I have too much weight on the back of the ski or on the front? To me it would seem that I am putting too much on the front of the ski but I've been told by some ski buds just the opposite. Stiff leggs probably have something to do with it to I am guessing?

• Baller_

Russell - nice skiing, it's a good thing your boat has a "rain top" or McCuddy wouldn't have been so jolly.

thager - let's ski Saturday if possible, I know of a really cool 2010 MC 197 TT that's available for test drives.  Bring your gloves & handle & fleece, I've got an extra "space-suit" ot two.  I'll be in touch with Agustov. & Eddie.

• Baller_
thager - sorry to hear of any issues that keep you from skiing, rq0013 - the far end is a shorter set up, but still lots of room, (Eddie - dimensions ?) Both Eddie and Wallyskeer got their sets in before I got there, and it's a good thing we skied yesterday - today the weather is snowing and truly frozen in Seattle.

• Baller

I don't know about these Washington skiers. Officer Friendly skis in the winter - with me! OK the water was a bit chilly, 63f but the air was 80+. OF trunked it. Almost ran 35 on the Radar 55 he was demoing. Lightweight socal me was too cold for me to try the Radar. But he and the ski will be back - probably with a bunch of other WA skiers. Fun!

Eric

• Baller_
We had to thaw the dock prior to using, JeanB at the controls of the hot water shower. There was about 10" of snow at the Broho last Monday. Luckily for us, it had almost all melted, the lake had almost thawed, and Paul and his CC196 did the honors of breaking up what ice was left around the South island. It was mainly an "exercise" day, too cold to ski really well. But nice to get out after a long weekend of "Thanksgiving", and yard work.

• Baller_
Mark Lord had a hot water line zip tied to the tow rope back in the days of "hot Johnson" seat heating pads. Those were the "cold booty" tournaments back in the late 90's. We tease skiers who need hot water for their hands when they drop at the end (between passes). With the coated gloves I can make it 6 passes, and if it is under 35'F air, we've learned to just wait for another day.