Post your age...

Skiag

• Baller
This went a lot further than I thought, I'm 51, learned behind a 14' with a 60 hp Evinrude in salt water, on wooden skis with a ski belt. Went to the 1979 Masters with some friends and I've been pretty much hooked since then.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 as of 3 weeks ago. First year in Mens 2. Learned to ski behind a 1969 Correct Craft Mustang with a 289, 2 barrel carb, and straight pipes when I was 16. No skegs on the boat either. Was named the "Yellow Bird" for its disgusting dark yellow color. Great boat though!!

• Baller

I'm 44 and Randy Couture is my hero. When I was 16 my friend Gwen and I pulled her grandpa through the course on his 71st birthday - 22' off at 34mph. I'm not worried about aging. I'm just concerned at how fast time seems to be flying.

JP :)

• Baller

@bmiller3536

"I guess the drinking age was probaly 18 for most of you old fogeys"

Actually, it was 21 in Florida until July 1st, 1973 when it dropped to 18 (I was 20). I couldn't drink, though I could go to Vietnam and die. I couldn't start skydiving either, but made my first (of 1000) jumps on that day (didn't even know about water-skiing back then).

I'm 57, 58 on May 21st (the beginning of the end of the world according to one religious group hitting the County fairs around the country)...

Old is anything 15 years older than me. Some once said "stupid hurts" Dont spend your life trying to prove them wrong. I dont play hard anymore. That was me just being stupid when I was young. I play smarter. Thats wisdom. So yes with age comes wisdom. What it comes down to is how you decide to use it.

• Baller
Well, good or bad it seems that I may be the oldest guy to frequent this forum. Should I act my age and quit skiing and quit reading about it, or act my maturity level and just keep making a fool of myself. Any future posts that I make, feel free to disregard as the ramblings of senility.

• Baller

I thought I was one of the oldest on this forum, after reading all the posts in this thread I don't feel quite so old now.

LeonL - keep on kicking it buddy, never quit. I intend to keep it up until they drag my worn out broken body out of the water. Or until they won't let me back in the boat anymore anyway...

• Baller

Yea, the average age is pretty high. I wonder how things will be once all the the 50 and 60 somethings hang it up. I hope it still thrives. I like seeing the younger folks get involved.

I just turned 39, starting to freak out. Was looking at Porsche 911s on auto trader all week (used of course).