From Hardshell to Strada Boots - Anyone?

Currently skiing on a reflex front with rear Radar Vector boot. Strada ski 67". I feel like trying double strada boots, but before I spend my money, has anyone done that and got benefits? Will double Strada boots be a little more forgiving or no different?

• Baller
I was on Goode and Wolfe hard shells front and rear since the first day they came out, then last year went to Strada's and haven't looked back. I really liked the release of the dual lock etc but the latest Goode hard shell was just so uncomfortable for me. The Strada set up on a single plate is pretty trick.

• Baller

I ski on hardshells of my own design. They are a bit softer than Goode or Reflex shells. I switched to RS1s last year. I only used the RS1 as a front boot - my rear boot is a hardshell with a rubber band instead of a top clip. I added a tongue plastic piece from the rollerblade liners to stiffen the RS1 in forward flex and found the performance was very similar. I did not like the RS1 lower laces so I replaced the laces with a hardshell style clip. The top bungee was excellent giving good support and reasonable release. I broke my custom made plate and switched back to my hardshells - and had problems with that too (mop at Regionals when the bindings blew off the ski).

The transition to the RS1 was easy with no buoy count loss. The release properties gave me confidence. When my current hardshells break I will probably switch to the RS1s permanently.

Eric

• Baller

I went from Powershells to Strada's last spring. Did not notice a difference, but I was off all winter (6 months) then started up with the Stradas. If you switched mid season I am sure there would be a more noticeable change.

I did go back to the powershells for few sets to see if there was a difference. There was.. broke my ankle on the second set. All Strada now.

• Baller

Bit of a threadjack...Anyone using front Strada and rtp ?

Would it be similar to front Reflex and rtp but lot less $$ and maintenance i think?

Really need to upgrade my old front KD Vise...

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller_
I thought i was the only crazy. Been makn my own hardshells and plates screwed to ski since 2001. No release. Huge crashes. Everything stays in and on. No injuries. Still makn em. But now attach with Dual Lock. A lot of Dual Lock. It all may catch up to me someday. But it seems to work.