Clementine Lucines sets pending World Record 9780 points

Horton

• Baller

Incredible I wish I could do some of those moves.. It takes so much more time to stay consistent in tricks verses slalom. For me landing a clean wake 360 is more satisfying than getting to 35 off in slalom..

• Supporting Member

Amazing.

From a clueless spectator's perspective, the toe pass has gotta go. I have no clue what I'm looking at during that. But when she starts flipping and spinning all over creation, then I can ooh and ahh!!

• Baller

Toes are very cool. The demonstration of control and balance is awesome. Plus the toe wake and toe steps are spectacular power tricks.

You get in contention with your hand pass. You win with your toe pass.

Eric

• Supporting Member

I'm the first to admit that my favorite pursuit (slalom) is not a great spectator sport. At this point, tricks isn't either, but I think it probably could be with some changes. This sort of "selling out" might be a bad thing. Or it might be the thing that radically expands the discipline.

Having never taken a trick pass in my life, I can't comment on how the sport would be affected. But that total lack of qualification also makes me very qualified to comment on what a clueless spectator would want to see.

But in any case, fantastic work by Clementine!

• Baller
I've sold out - never seen this done anywhere but a private ski lake - it's a dying sport. She should learn to do it on a wakeboard - make more money and give her a chance to convert some of those newby wakeboarders to skiing.

• Baller
I trick, my son tricks and we have created three new trickers over the last week and we all ski on public water. I don't think I have seen anyone else on a trick ski though. It is a lot of fun to do and very hard. I am basically a chop on a trick ski but I have fun with it.