Goode 9960 help......

Hugh Nichols

• Supporting Member

Also, how many sets so far? I personally am hesitant to make adjustments to the ski before I've had a reasonable chance to adjust myself to its optimal usage.

But if something is indeed off, I would guess it's the boot position. And you may need to try both forward and back -- it's hard to guess which one will cause a given symptom because of the body's natural tendency to overcompensate.

• Supporting Member

Also, how many sets so far? I personally am hesitant to make adjustments to the ski before I've had a reasonable chance to adjust myself to its optimal usage.

But if something is indeed off, I would guess it's the boot position. And you may need to try both forward and back -- it's hard to guess which one will cause a given symptom because of the body's natural tendency to overcompensate.

I've been on a 66" 228amp for about 3 months and I'm up a full pass. It seems to be working really well for me. I'm almost 190 lbs. and my bindings are at 29.59. I know thats forward of stock, but it seems to work maybe because I'm on the light side for a 228amp. With standard calipers I'm at 6.923 length (tips), 2.501 depth, and .716 dft. I haven't tried the ventral, because I doubt that it would do much for me...

I've been on a 66" 228amp for about 3 months and I'm up a full pass. It seems to be working really well for me. I'm almost 190 lbs. and my bindings are at 29.59. I know thats forward of stock, but it seems to work maybe because I'm on the light side for a 228amp. With standard calipers I'm at 6.923 length (tips), 2.501 depth, and .716 dft. I haven't tried the ventral, because I doubt that it would do much for me...

Hugh, a Wiley front plate will probably change your front binding plate placement. The Goode hardshells are pretty thin compared to most rubber bindings. I measured where my heal was in relation to the back of the Goode hardshell ~ 9/16 in. I had switched from Animals which were about 1" from my heal to the rubber above the horseshoe. My guess would be to start at a little over 29" and go forward or back from there. I've never measured the Wiley plate...