MN Skiers

xrated

• Baller

I guess this might be a sort of noob question again.

But I see lots of southern Canada, northern Canada, MN references on here and I was wondering who all was a MN local and where in the state.

I live in SE MN but all of my lake time is in north central outside of McGregor. Always looking for new people to ski with and I even have a gas can. Seems I only get to ski up north with my usual crew 3 or 4 times each summer do to work and family schedules.

• Baller
In Shoreview, on Island Lake, formerly the primary tournament site in MN- now that it again has water in it, maybe some of the action will return. Also have an old Nautique on Turtle Lake, also in Shoreview, but ski primarily on a semi-private site in Hugo, MN behind MB's SN 200, also at Sunset Lake in Hugo, plus a couple of other places where I can mooch a ride.

• Baller
Sounds good MS, if you don't mind a guy that will most likely provide some of the most spectacular crashes ever seen. I seem to be good for 3 or 4 skips if I hit just right, and the to frequent ski turned helicopter turned auger.

I live outside of Victoria, MN on Pierson Lake. I mostly barefoot but would like to get back into skiing. I would love to try a course sometime. 6balls, what lake do you ski on near Litchfield? I am originally from Hector, MN and familiar with some of the lakes around Litchfield.

• Baller

Brettmelberg, the "swamp" is Hoff Lake south of Litchfield, WNW of Hutchinson. We have big NW and SE winds covered there w/2 courses and a '00 196. Dunns Lake is NE of Litchfield next to Lake Richardson...public but seldom used and has a course with outstanding west wind protection w/a '97 196. I live on Lake Ripley, a busier public lake but we keep a course that has great straight south wind protection and have a '02 Response LX there. All boats running PP and owned by myself or guys I ski with regularly. You are welcome anytime. I also have a Centurion Falcon Barefoot on Lake Ripley...I'm a former meat-head barefooter and can't bear to part with her.

• Baller

Yes X, I know MS in a round about way through forum here. The guys around here don't seem to cut him much slack but if push came to shove I'm sure they'd let him hold the camera to video their set :-)

MS may not remember but we shared the starting dock a couple of times at a tourney in '08 as shown in the pic below. He's sitting down in the red shorts and I'm getting ready to ski. It was a long haul for me being from the PNW but the whole weekend was a great time. The conversation was pretty casual, however, mostly centered around him admiring my binding setup being an Approach front with a highwrap in the rear. Which I still run today by the way. Well that and he was just coming off the '07 ski he was pretty fond of.

Seriously though, he's been up and down the lake a few times and would get you pointed in the correct direction if you wanted to learn more about course skiing.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg274/sixat38/08ranch.jpg

• Baller_

@Jlittle

That was a blast as always at the ranch. I cant believe that I sold my 07 Monza. I need to get up to the NW to ski with you guys but its cold enough in MN.

@Xrated, OLY, its water. That stuff was real bad. I like the beer from Jlittles area, Session. Its made by Full Sail.

• Baller

@MS every beer has its place so long as it isn't light. I love me some Oly or Schmidt or Hamms but I also love me some Schells, Rouge, etc. Don't think I have had Session though. And don't ya know Hood River isn't from @Jlitte area...one thing I've learned is that there are two parts to WA and you never ever lump the west/wet/left coast in with the good honest folks of eastern WA.

I've been saying I need to go visit his area in the summer for awhile now, it can't be any colder then MN.

• Baller
Nope he didn't I'm running a Venom and RTP from my old ASX but I want to get into a double setup. He did send me a ton of info on bindings but I haven't tried any yet except for putting my foot into the Rail that came on my wifes ski. So I am still searching for new bindings to try.

• Baller

Olympia! I used to tour the Oly Brewery with my grandpa every summer when he came out to visit. I'd toss back endless dixie cups of pepsi and he'd throw back a few of his own. Still love the smell of beer brewing!

While the climates are drastically different between Eastern and Western Washington one thing remains true - the folks waterskiing are all super choice!

Sorry for the threadjack!