What does Ball Of Spray mean to you?

Horton

• Administrators

When I launched BallOfSpray I had no idea what this site would become. The term “ball of spray” was an obscure joke about how messy my skiing is. Some skiers come down the lake with smooth walls of water and when I come down the lake it is a big messy ball of spray.

Turns out it is a really bad name for Google SEO.

Does it mean anything else to you guys?

• Baller_

And here I thought this was a different kind of question that would generate answers like

For me.. Conversing, learning, socializing, and generally just having fun on line with like minded people. (that's all true btw)

But nope it's about the name.... BOS... it fits with the Hortons ball of hair. Nuff said.

As a group of words with meaning it means a mass of water one puts up when they are doing really good. If one sees a ball of spray in the distance they should be intimidated, especially the wakeboarders.

As a forum. Its a place where I can get the quickest feedback on skiing.

BoS lets me know I'm not the only one who thinks about the minutia of this sport. I love it. I had my last ski at Swiss a month ago and am now in Snow ski mode;- its alright but not the same. In this off season, I wonder why I'm obsessed with standing on a ski behind a boat for less than 20 seconds a time and chasing bouys. It does'nt make sense. Its not popular like golf or tennis, and none of my non skier friends get what I do. Right now niether do I. Thanks to Bos for keeping my addiction live during these cold winter months.

• Baller

BOS: a constant reminder of my first ski school experience at a little place in Newberry Springs, Ca. 2004 we needed a place to practice before our first national tournament and deicded on Horton Lakes, pretty sure we were no where near the place til we were right in front of it, then couldn't find anyone til the Dr. got up from his nap. He taught us well, I skied major PB in tournament, best time ever, literally bucket list stuff, needless to say. Have a thousand photos and a hundred video clips, made the 2800 mile trip 3 more times after that. Some dude out there tried to sell me a carbon fin but I didn't like his hair (jealous cuz im bald).

Thank you and happy holidays to you and your amazing family John.