Buying my first real rope

skims

• Supporting Member

My next rope will be from U.S. Gear because of some real since safety/convenience innovations. But I haven't actually owned such a rope yet, so can't recommend it confidentally.

Ropes from Brenda @ In-Tow are usually very accurate and well-designed. I've been using them for years.

• Baller
Performance Ski and Surf has has an interesting slalom rope on sale for$40.00. I may give it a try just to see what it is like. Manufacturer has been making them for 30 plus years. Anyone know who it is?

• Baller

I have 4 of the ropes from Performance Ski and Surf of Orlando. The rope manufacturer is FS Braiding. They claim they tested them with Chet Raley and Jack Travers. I have the 10 section ropes with the white mainline. They have a bunch of them made from the same material with a black mainline with the perfect pass switch section for sale..

Mine are all brand new and so far so good.

• Baller
FS Braiding would be correct, we have been buying Rope from Cary Thompson of Freestyler / FS Braiding for almost 20 years. Cary no longer braids anything than Yachting Rope. Performance Ski & Surf is a Dealer of ours, Contact Bill Porter, $40 for a standard 10 Section is a helluva deal..... jump on it...

• Baller
Jumped on it and got it today. Nice rope for $40.00! Did a side by side with my Masterline. Except for the clear fiber as opposed to the white they are nearly identical. All sections are colored for the appropriate line lenth. Skied it a set and after the first pass all was good. Performance Ski and Surf even sent a hand written Thank You Note. Nice touch! Thanks Cathy!