MC skiis

bhs

• Baller
MC as in Monte Carlo. When I talked to Boris about 2 months ago he was going to France this summer to get production going. I know he has started advertising a little bit. I saw a nice advertisement with Manon Costard (sorry is I slaughtered that, feel free to edit @mattp). The ski looks sweet, and Boris is skiing well on it.

• Baller

The one I saw last year was pretty rough. You could tell it was a test ski. Just didn't have a polished look. I'm sure the production ones will be better.

S2 a Goode copy? hahahahahaha. Geez, you can see that's not the case if you had both of them next to each other.

• Baller

MattP

July 8Flag

People said that the Fisher was a Goode copy, some have even said that about the S2. Honestly no truth in any of those claims in my opinion.

Well, you would be wrong about the Fischer at least. The ski used for the mold was a 9200 Goode (I ski with the owner of the ski).

• Administrators

All skis start as something else. I am pretty sure the S2 started as a COX but that is besides the point. Every ski starts as something. Pretty much no one starts from a blank sheet. I have heard some factories claim they start with a blank sheet but I can not see how that could be.

Maybe something wild like Goode Wide or O'Brien Quattro but I bet first test skis were chopped up pieces of other skis glued together.

• Administrators

@scotchipman

MattP and I know someone who thinks the S2 came from a Goode shape ( I am sure he is wrong but Who cares?) I have also heard (rumor) that the new Goode started as a HO A2. Considering what else I have seen and heard about the new Goode I do not see how this could be true and if the ski did start that way the finished product is clearly unique. Considering the design of Goodes for the last 10+ years I do not see them copying from other brands.

Also who cares where a design process originates. The finish product will reflect the designer of the new ski.

No one will admit this is true but a lot of us think the Monza started as a SixAm. The shape of the skis is pretty much identical but the two skis did not ski the same. (flex,rocker and the little things that are hard to see.

• Baller
I thought I only saw two wings at cedar ridge on his ski. George Levien had like 6 though to make up the difference on his. Seems irrelevant. The ski looked awesome and so did Chet. Sure it would work well with one standard wing too.