How Many Days a Week?

Before I got my lake, I would have to drive 45 minutes to the lake. To feel like I got my money and times worth, I would always ski 2 sets about 4 days a week. Now I onl ski 1 set almost every day. I ski better because I am not hurting as much and feel strong. Sometimes I will go for a morning and late evening ride. Trying something new at a longer line . Never back to back sets.

• Baller
4ish days/wk, some one set, some two. Have skied 3 days in a row now, tomorrow probable, Thurs off then will have likely 8 days consecutive on vacation with @razorskier1...deteriorating after about mid-week due to fatigue, lack of sleep, and the presence of my "check liver light". Kicking it off with Austin Abel coaching arranged by razorskier1.

• Baller
As many days as I can. In MN you never know when you will get "weathered out" for days at a time, and the season is short. If I've been skiing for 7-8 days in a row and start feeling tired, then I'll just ski an easy day where both sets I run all 32s. That's my rest day.

• Baller

Skied 43 sets in the last 32 days.2 days only without skiing during that time.Summer's short!

No major injuries,knock on wood.A new guy who jumped in the early morning rotation lasted 10 days before back problems.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

I am not sure I can answer this...right now I am on day number 13 of a streak with at least 2 sets a day and I plan on skiing the next 5 days without a break. Before this streak, my last one was broke at 14 days in a row, with one day off between the past streak and current streak.

So I guess that makes the only days in July that I have not skied is July 11th and probably will take off July 30th....but I can't promise anything.

I think my running totals for the year are 101 days skied, 207 sets

I am lucky and live lakeside with the boat at the house :) My girlfriend and I ski at least 3-4 days a week. We go skiing in the morning before work on days when the water is glass. We'll get up at 5 am and check the water...if its great condititons we go! And will ski in the PM if the water is good.Then we will ski almost every sat and sunday mornings and again in the PM if possible.

• Baller
Well, I hate to bring the average down, but someone's got to do it. A good summer (yes, summer) is about 15-20 sets on the ski - 5-10 of them in the course; and another 5-15 sets on the wakeboard. The great thing is that even at that pace, I'm slowly picking up buoys.

• Baller
I'm constantly torn between quantity and quality. I often do four or five days per week with two or even three sets per day. But there's no question that as early as the next day after a two-set day, the quality suffers. I'm finally admitting that after three or four days straight, I'm pretty much wasting my time. I've logged over 180 sets since January, but I wonder if I'd be skiing deeper if I skied half as much.

• Baller
When I'm tired my body does funky things to compensate. I find myself skiing with bad technique and scrambling just to make buoys. When rested I find it easier to do the things I'm supposed to be doing on the ski.

• Baller
@SkiJay and @behindpropellers - Typically I get out two times a week with 2 sets each time I go out. Would like to get more as I think three would be great. With that being said, mixing it up is a good way to go. I'm going to get some footin' in this weekend.....and going to help out some friends coming this weekend learn to ski and wakeboard/wake skate, maybe even barefoot. Gotta get more people hooked!!

• Baller
After 2 sets a day 3 days in a row I start to struggle with my skiing. I usually ski 2-3 days in a row then take a day or 2 off. My form definitely suffers when I am fatigued. 4 days in a row with two sets a day is too much for my body. rarely do we get 3 days in a row of no wind so I am usually forced to take a day off because it is blowing.

• Baller

normlally I am a weekend warrior other than our annual vacation to puget sound when i ski as much as I can all week.

since i am mostly weekends, I try to ski three good sized runs each time we get the boat wet. I am trying to work it out where I can ski more days.

6 days a week. 2-3 sets a day. (But only get approx 100 days a year)

Had a run were i skied 24 sets in 4 days....ya that was a mistake. Could hardly walk for a day.

But 2 days off and felt like a rock star after.

Skiing more 28s to get really dialed in this year than ever before........its working.