RADAR 2013

JC McCavit

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
The new strada was changed a little. They laid down the carbon fiber diffrently because, I believe I understood this right, it was to torsionally stiff so they let it flex a little more and get more speed off the second wake and let it flex more off the second wake. Saw Kyle tate fun a sweet 39 in practice in dark on wednesday on it.

• Baller

The new "relief" in the top plate at tip of the ski is also supposed to make the swing-weight lighter. I didn't think I'd like the color ... until I saw it. There is carbon showing through clear-coat in the center of the ski, and the orange is hot hot orange. Here's a photo of it from the Canadian Nationals:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1530989/Waterskiing/BOS/Strada%202013.jpg

• Baller

You can be the first on your lake to own a ski that will match the turn buoys, http://www.perfski.com

2013 RADAR STRADA'S ARE HERE!!

We have just returned from the 2012 Waterski Nationals and have a hand full of 2013 Radar Stradas left for sale. These skis are the first ones available anywhere in the world so if you want to get a head start on next season, get on the 2013 Radar Strada now. We also have just received a size run of 2013 Strada Boots to go along with these skis!! For more info, click on the link above or call us @ 407-859-7544 and get your 2013 "Strada" on!!

• Baller
One of my ski buddies has been on it for a couple of days now. He was struggling with -35s on his A2, and is stroking them on his hot orange Radar. He loves it. Since the the A2 and Strada are such different designes, particularly regarding the placement of the flat section underfoot (Radar's is further back), I'm not surprised that anyone should be able to make a clear choice of one over the other depending on skiing style.

• Baller
@rq0013 Yes he did, for about two weeks. The ski shop, Shuswap Ski & Board, very kindly let him trade up to the newer orange one without charge (pretty cool I thought). He swears the new one skis better for him than the yellow Strada did.

• Administrators

@buski Layup is as important as the other key features of a ski.

Radical change in layup can mean radical change in how a ski feels. Last 10 years or so layups have gotten more precise and skis are better.

• Baller
He currently skis on an O'brien TRC which uses to kick my ass on a regular basis- No telling what he might do on a modern ski.

If you like the old style of ski, that is a great one. People will pay decent money for a used one.

• Baller
I have seen a couple at two tournaments in North Carolina. I believe both skiers have improved a pass or two. Compared to last year's Strada, the orange one seems to turn better, almost too quick, attains more angle and is faster from side to side. I believe Radar may have knocked it out of the park with this one due to a different layup.

@nzcabbage - Rode mine today. They hit this one out of the park. Loved the 2011 Strada, Loved the 2012. Was pretty sure it couldn't get better, but I was wrong.

Principle difference: I had to ride previous year's ski with a DFT about 0.020" farther back than factory to get the same feeling of ski holding its direction beyond the second wake (like my beloved white-banner RS1 does). Don't need to do that with this one. Write the check, don't look directly at it without eye protection and prepare for a PB.

I took mine out of the box at 6.870"/2.500"/0.820"/9 degrees. I ride a 68" so temper that accordingly. Boots at 30". If you've followed this design that will sound long and forward to you. I couldn't handle it there because (though predictable) its turn onset and when it wanted to start turning in was too strong/too soon. I need the feeling of separation after the second wake where I run out of rope but the ski continues east/west. To get that again I took out length and moved it back. For now I'm 6.860"/2.495"/0.795" and 8 degrees. Its a turning MONSTER.