RADAR 2013

JC McCavit

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Yeah - Happy Birthday to ME (and xmas said the wife) a "Carbon Carrot" (Strada) is mine.....even better, it's Friday night, a long weekend with Monday a public holiday............pity the spring weather is just crap with high winds and rain :-(...............can't wait till it moves on!

The new ski is rocking the house!! Went out today skied one set. first day skiing after 10 days off the water. water is now 50!! Anyway drysuit skiing very slight cornering head tail all 3 -32's that i tried and managed 4@35!! The offside 1,3,5 RFF is rockin on this ski!! I am getting such a great 1 ball @35 today im not sure how to deal with it? great problem to have i guess.

• Baller

Okay, I got a new 2013 67" Orange Strada fresh off the press up at RadaR lake the other day. I came off my silver 67" Strada after Eddie said it was time for a "Fresh Ski." I was reluctant to get on a new ski as I had gone from just getting into -32 when I got it to running -35 and touching -38. Anyway got on the new ski and immediately noticed it was much smoother.

I am a LFF so gates, 2 and 4 are always a struggle. Even though it was smoother, I did not feel like it glided as well as my silver Strada or accelerated as hard. What it did do was carry more speed through the turn and just rocked my off side. My on side became more of a struggle as the ski would not turn as hard. RD and I played with the fin moving it forward/back with not real difference.

I ended up with the fin back in pretty much the stock location and just skiing. The more I rode it the more I realized that the ski was not really slower it just carried more speed through the turn by carving like on a rail so there was not the extreme speed accross the wake and slow down at the buoy. At the shorter line on my Silver Strada I would get a lot of slack on my turns because the ski would turn so hard causing me to take some big hits. I would really have to work to keep a tight line and not let the ski turn so hard to combat this. With the new Orange Strada, these hook turns are gone and my turns are smooth and tight with very little slack.

I now find myself earlier at each ball but am still trying to figure out my gates as the new ski glides and turns in more gradual. My drivers have all commented how much smoother I feel and they are not feeling the big hits coming off the balls. So at this point I have to say I am pretty excited where this ski will take me next year. Goal is to get my average from 96 to up over 100.....OF

• Baller
Rode my 2013 strada tonight. 47 degree water and air temp. Love the ski, it felt so smooth. The ski turned easier and came underneath me a little quicker which put me in a better position after the turn. Going to try to ski tomrrow.

• Baller
Yes the strada is definitley faster but in a controlled way I think. I also thought it was softer feel, but from what I hear its the same or even a bit stiffer... idk. KC was saying it comes back underneath him quicker. As soon as the 16in of ice thaws I will be on mine again.