Back in the saddle

bogboy

After 7 weeks off, while recovering from the removal of 2 bone chips from my rear foot, I free skied a couple times, then I went to bow lake yesterday and skied a short set, and made 3 out of 4 passes. It felt great. My lesson learned is to use plenty of dawn soap so your foot slips in nice and easy. I just read in another post about using proper binding lube. I have not used binding specific lube. Does it stay in the boot longer, and allow you to come out of your bindings easier at the end of the set, or in a fall? Thanks.

• Baller
I've been using shaving cream, it washes out right away. I used some binding lube a friend had in is boat a few weeks ago, don't know what kind it was but throughout the set I could fell my feet moving around in the boots. Went back to shaving cream the next set.

• Baller
I've been using shaving cream, it washes out right away. I used some binding lube a friend had in is boat a few weeks ago, don't know what kind it was but throughout the set I could fell my feet moving around in the boots. Went back to shaving cream the next set.

• Baller

@bogboy, I have used soap, wire pulling gel, and various water skiing products, and now use Moose Juice exclusively, due to not wanting to put soap chemicals in any lake.

All rinse out and will not leave you with much to take your foot out with.

You could loosen your overlay up if you haven't trimmed all of the flaps off. I use to modify my Animals by moving the front rubber forward, creating a larger opening and less tension on the top of my upper foot and ankle.

Some years ago, can't remember who, (Schnitz?), advocated a dab of Vaseline on the back of the heel to aid release in a bad fall. Soap or whatever used for getting bindings on will wash away, Vaseline dab will stay. Don't know what it will do to bindings over time. I did it for half a season after breaking two bones in my front foot from a partial release. Never had a bad fall to release during that time (skied very carefully!) so can't comment on it's effectiveness, but in theory it still seems to make sense. I also started running shock cord laces instead of non stretch laces.That was many years and several bindings ago.

Man o man, thank you @ab,&@shortenit, I have been doing well with really loading up my Wiley binders before I jump in. An experienced friend reinforced that not only does that help to get in, but it also helps to get out. It seems to last just fine for my run. Dab of Vaseline... I can see the logic. There is more than one way to skin a bongo.