Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Getting To Know Your Fellow Ballers.

Brady

• Baller

I travel a lot for work.....a lot. I travel all through the Country and sometimes out of it. So, now that I am involved with this new secret short-line club, I was thinking how cool it would be to start bringing my ski when I traveled and get the opportunity to both ski and to meet my fellow ballers. If you guys are like me, I am ALWAYS looking for ski partners.....that actually PAY for each set and know the proper etiquette of boating and skiing. I think it would also make the core group closer as a whole, knowing each other instead of wondering who the hell each other is.

So, to start this off, if any of you are ever in SLC and if I can sneak away, I would love to take any of you skiing to our course. My cell number is 801-792-5123. If you call, best to leave a text, cause I don't answer numbers not in my directory and I never listen to my voice mail.

There it is. One location and about 150 million to go. I should call this the IBSNA. Incorporated Baller Slalom Network Association.

• Baller

@brady - ditto for me as well. Don't travel for work, but if folks want to stop in for a ski they are always welcome. BTW I will be headed for Orlando, FL in Decmber. Trying to get some lessons with the Wilson Bro's.

Anyone going to Coble's next year? I'm going to book a trip there as well. Would be nice to have some fellow Baller's there and get to know some of the "clan."

I am in the Boulder, CO area. I would be happy to offer up a pull. Little afraid to offer up a pull to some pretty seasoned skiers, the lake I ski on is little, my boat is old (1991 Prostar), and I don't have PP or ZO. With all those caveats, you are welcome.

• Baller

I've made it a standing invitation to my customers, and in fact have offered here previously as well, if anyone makes it to the Kansas City area during the season give me some heads up and you're welcome to join myself and crew for a little skiing. Over the years we've had 4 - 5 skiers take me up and it's always a good time. I'm 45 minutes or so south of the KC area but with a little pre-planning we can make it work.

@Horton maybe we need an opt-in, give-a-pull directory added to the site?

Cheers, Ed

• Baller
@brady -- I work in downtown Mpls and live west 22 miles. There are lots of ski choices around here with three man made sites within an hour of downtown and my public site, as well as @6balls "swamp" site another hour west. During the season I'd say you can almost always find a pull with someone in MN.

• Baller
I just love this thread. Because I am anal and can't ski because of my knee and hip and because it is winter, I am going to put together a spread sheet of all this info and all the available places. Hopefully, by spring, pretty much everywhere across this land, Ballers will have a pull if wanted! What a great day that will be!!

• Baller
@andjules, I will be creating a Google doc with all that information. @Horton doesn't even have time to cut his damn hair, let alone create that spreadsheet. Give me a couple of weeks, and hopefully about 20 more locations and I will have it up.

• Baller

A spreadsheet would be great @Brady and is much appreciated.

However, there are more questions than 'who can give me a ride when I'm in...'

I'd love to - for example - ask other ballers from my province about other sites they know of (even if the people at those sites aren't on BoS).

Similarly, threads start regularly about 'does anyone know if there is a course on such-and-such a lake', etc.

In that spirit (as well as the spirit of this thread and your work on a 'baller hospitality spreadsheet'), I think there might be a place for a 'sites and locations' sub-forum.

And of course I'm not asking @Horton to populate that sub-forum... just whether it's a good idea to have that sub-forum where we can all contribute to location-based discussion.

• Baller

@Horton, you could add a latitude and longitude box in our personal information which launches Google Earth or something, or different boxes for city and state along with specific gps, then pull that data into a table file for people to qquery against. What else is there to do in the winter??

I have added the coordinates of my lake on my signature.. My lake is on the Google Earth Ski Sites.

• Baller
I welcome any Baller to come down for a set this winter. Private site just west of Daytona Beach. I'm only available on the weekends through the winter - work sun up till sun down. If you're interested PM me and we'll make a plan. PS, 2007 MC 197 PP & certified course.

• Baller
Daryn, not sure who is on 1488 but we are off E 242, halfway between 59 and 45 with a Conroe address. Pretty much due East of Shane at Stevensons, about 25 mins. It is called Lakeport because Pat Deegan built the lake and a grass air strip perpendicular to it.

• Baller

I'm an hour northwest of O'Hare Int'l Airport. I don't have access to a course, but I'm 10 minutes from a 15 mile stretch of relatively narrow river that is the promised land of free skiing. The soft shoreline cancels out the wakes so well that it's almost like being on a private lake. Water is very dirty but the surface conditions more than make up for it. I've got a 150 hp outboard with a small wake. Always looking for people to ski with.

• Baller
@XR6hurricane where exactly are you at? I flew the Mooney into Chicago Exec to visit a ski buddy who works minutes from there this fall. The field is just a little north of O-Hare so he picked me and the family up, then drove to his place in tower lakes. I've also flown into Dupage and lake in the hills. My buddy skis Laurie's Quarry minutes from his house, and puts his own boat into the river for recreational fun also minutes from his house. Depending on where you are at, perhaps a beer next time we are there to visit.