In the winter do you Snow ski or....

Horton

• Baller

Living 15 minutes from the lifts, skiing is a no brainer. Nothing like extreme skiing to get the blood flowing. If it was easy, they would call it snowboarding!

I'm headed to the mountain this afternoon for a few runs. Winter storm warning this afternoon with up to 30" forcasted here in Colorado.

• Supporting Member

Most winters I probably snow ski once, so my answer is technically a lie. But I'm not "into" any snow sports.

When I was younger I snow skied a lot. But once my skill level got to moguls, my knees weren't that happy about it, and most other terrain became kinda boring. The only reason I go occasionally is to give my kids a chance to see if THEY like it.

• Baller

I ski. On the snow.

Then I think of all the ways that snow skiing is similar to slalom water skiing and I come on here and post about all the technical minutiae, like and such as, COM movement, angulation, load against force and speed, early edge change, compare the fall line and gravity to the boat, etc. All just to piss off you guys that don't snow ski. Aaaaahhhhhhahahahahahahahaha!

• Baller
Living in Texas I do not get a lot of chances to snow ski. I do enjoy it though, just cruising nothing real difficult. I lost my free place to stay last year when my mom moved back to Texas from Sante Fe NM. Mom snow skied up to nearly 70, she's a real trooper.

• Baller
Andy, where are you located? I'm on Sand Lake right by M.I.S. We're far enough east to miss alot of lake effect. Last year would have been great but ice didn't last, only 3 days of sailing. BraceMaker, try to catch a ride if you can. One ride and you'll be looking for a boat to buy!

• Baller

@RAL - yes!! Love it! Ted is flat killing it this year! Funny he was the most outspoken against the 35m skis and now he is the fastest on them - by a long shot. I bet a pair of those skis in a 193 would make a pretty good pair of SuperG skis for a masters racer.

• Baller
I enjoy snow skiing, but don't get out enough. I don't take it as serious as water skiing and when I am snow skiing I try to make as many turns as possible to emulate water skiing. As mentioned it makes the winter shorter and it is a great activity to do with my daughter.

• Baller

I chase to my daughter's hockey games. Undefeated this year but she has had to be all over the ice. First game played D and scored. Next series of games and first tourney was center and had 3 goals and an assist. Then goalie gets a concussion and she took over the goal and has two wins there...helped by our best skater getting a hat trick in both games.

Improving fast in goal but like her skating better as we then have more offensive firepower as a team and the goalie who is out is very good...looking forward to her return. Fun season so far after a tough one last year.

• Baller
Andy, you are in the snow belt! I have 2 DNs, one an older club boat and the other I built a few years ago. A friend across the lake always has about 10 boats in stock, skeeters, renegades and DNs. If you know anyone looking for a boat let me know. E-mail me your e-mail at dbski2@comcast.net and I'll keep you posted on the ice around here.

• Baller

@MS yah I don't skate worth a dink...the girls on my daughter's team make me look like a dope. @razorskier1 can skate, and has been speed-skating the last few winters.

I still ski with Greg Brock--a guy you know from your past...in fact he has pulled more successful 38s' for me than any other driver over 2 sites. That guy was/is a helluva college hockey player and is fun to watch today. Amazingly soft knees on the ice and the water.