How do you loop?

Mrs_MS

• Baller
It depends on the rope and the pylon. I have the Performance Pure slalom lines. I use the double loop. I used to pull the line through the end loop and slip it over the pylon. It wore out ropes pretty quick. I was unable to do the double loop with my last set of ropes.

• Baller
ALWAYS single. I've actually never seen the double method done before, so that's new to me. Now that I have the knotless mainline from ML, I don't have to worry. The sad part is I'm a 15 offer so is actually doesn't even matter. Received it as a gift, otherwise I wouldn't bought it.

• Baller
Neither... We aren't super serious at the lake I ski at and the guy who owns the lake said he's seen ropes pop off if the big loop is just laid on the pylon. We pull the mainline through the loop and put that on the pylon which pretty much makes a noose around the pylon. You lose an inch or two on your length though but the owner is the only one who can get into deep shortline and he doesn't care.

• Baller
@skier2788 I don't typically see the rope coming off if the knot is split and then snugged around the pylon. The skiers who don't split the knot yet single loop, thereby letting the knot get squeezed into "it will never open again" by having it on the front of the pylon single-looped...I've seen that come off with regularity. No likey.