My wife.......

Wish

• Baller
Could not ask for a more supportive wife. In fact, now that it is winter and I'm not skiing, home much more, she says, "don't you have somewhere else to be"! I think there may be some hidden meaning there! After 30 years of marriage I think she is starting to like me or maybe not so much. :-)null

• Baller

I wish the poll was a list of check boxes vs. exclusive options from which I could only choose 1.

My wife...

Supports my skiing

Drives the boat for me but does not ski (except for fun a few times a year)

Knows who Ball of Hair is

Is a rated official and scorer

And still thinks I spend too much time reading BOS

• Baller
Don't post here much but I see an opportunity to brag on my wife. Not only is she beautiful but she loves skiing and boating. She drives for me, takes the boat off the trailer, puts the boat on the trailer, and will not miss her turn to ski. She texted me a picture of our boat in the water two days ago cause she already has the fever to be back on the lake. However, one thing she will not do is back the trailer:)

• Baller
Just started skiing tournaments last season. She's always been competetive and is starting to get the drive to be a good skier. Before last season she just liked to open water ski but we have a club membership now and her drive is starting to change. The whole family is in it now... music to my ears!

• Baller
She loves to snow ski but only really likes to water ski when it's warm. Drives great and can back a trailer better than most. Really loves the lifestyle and social aspect. Doesn't mind going to tourmaments but no desire or wish to compete. Best of all for some reason she puts up with my crap.

• Baller

My wife really enjoys skiing although she is not an addict like me. I bought her a Radar Lyric last year and to my pleasant surprise talks about how she really likes the ski.

As for driving...well that is an issue. She is not a good driver at all. I think this is mostly a confidence issue. Fortunately, my 67 year old father is a great boat driver and regular swerver.

• Baller
Loves water and snow skiing and knows which season to do them in. The course holds no attraction for her... 6 turns and then drop? Excellent driver for free skiing at our family place and will drive on a man made ski lake when no one else is available. Loves family time on the water. Let's me ski a lot. Like many of us, I'm a very lucky guy.

My wife drives like she is following a snake. She has 2 speeds fast and faster. I can hardely ever get her off the couch to go to the lake. All she wants to do is watch soaps munch on chips and down a 2 liter. Keeps me in great shape trying ski behind her driving. How could I be so lucky he he he.

• Baller
Never real supportive of my skiing. However, now that 2 of our kids are loving it she will bring them to the lake to meet me afterwork so we can ski together. Of course she doesn't stick around but at least she drops them off and since I'm taking care of 2/3 of the kids she stays off my back about skiing (most of the time).

• Baller
My wife is a great driver. She used to ski the course until she broke her ribs hitting the wake, now she is a little more cautious and is happy shadowing the buoys. On top of being a great driver, she understands the addiction, and was completly supportive when I told her I wanted to mortgage the house to build a lake on a barren piece of dirt.

• Baller
My wife supports me and encourages me to go skiing as she knows, as I do, that everyone needs a hobby or sport to stay sane and lead a healthy, balanced life. She comes out on really hot days to hang out and swim. Refuses to drive. Unfortunately I was too hard on her in the early years and she knows if she smoked the dock and put a gouge in the boat (wife #2) I would get just a little bit upset. Says she does't need the stess and I can't blame her.

• Baller
This thread should be titled "My spouse..." because not all of us on here are men. Just sayin'. My husband made some attempts to ski when I first met him but he could not get up. He has no athletic ability so we just left it alone. Fortunately he lets me ski as much as I want.

• Baller
My wife drives for me when she knows I really need to ski. She drives really well when she's in practice....if she could only remember to straighten the wheel prior to throttling up. I tread with caution here to ensure my driver stays ambitious. ....I'm grateful that she understands how skiing levels me out.

• Baller
My wife skies, but does not compete. She is capable of driving the boat, but rarely needs to with all the drivers we have at Okeeheelee. She decided the only way not to lose me on tournament weekends was to participate, so she got her scorers rating and scores at most of our tournaments and even some of my away tournaments at Palm Bay or Miami. I'm keeping her...