Goode Nano One vs Mapple 6.0

treyskier

• Baller
How do these skis compare? I have heard the Mapple is faster and turns better. Any ideas? I have been on a Goode Mid for the last few seasons, and I just received my N1 for Christmas/Birthday but haven't skied it yet. Want to have the best shot at getting more consistent at my 35s. Curious to know thoughts on this. Thanks.

• Baller

I bet you would have a easier time returning the Mapple then the Goode. I was at Andy's Saturday with 2 friends, You can't beat his customer service. If you don't like it he takes it back. Nohing like having Andy in the boat and custom setting your ski. Both skier were on Radars, both skiers bought Mapples ski after 1 set!!! Awesome experience.

I'll be trying it in March.

• Baller

I have riden both the N 1 and the Mapple. In my opinion the N1 felt like a slug. No acceleration it turns ok. I have rode the Mapple many times now and it is very predictable, fast ,settles into the turns very well. One of the best traits of this ski is it keeps on creating space between you And the buoy as you ski further into the pass.

Well worth trying and as said by SkierJP. Andy has the best customer service I have seen in some time

I haven't tried the Goode but I really like the Mapple, and as skierjp pointed out, getting Andy to set it up for you is a definite plus. It's really dialed in, too bad it's -17c here and I wont get to ski again until march:(

• Baller
I have been skiing my best ever the last 2/3 months with the N1. Last week I was in Orlando and tried the Mapple, Adam Cord helped me with the setup which made me ski as well as on the N1 in my first set, so I decided to bring one home. The problem is that I have not decided yet which ski I will take with me to the Latin Senior Tour in Chile in the end of the month...

• Administrators

@dave2ball please be nice...

The N1 is hard to set up. Once set up it is pretty awesome. Set up wrong it can be a bummer. I did have to change my gate to get wide.

@dave2ball or should I say Fire Marshal Bill? Loved that show!

I didn't mean to offend you with my comment and I'm sorry if I did.

Of course your opinion very valid. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My N1 needed some settings adjustments and it is now every bit as fast cross course and suits my style very well. Stating the ski is a slug could give others a bad pre impression of the ski.

Again, I didn't mean to offend.

• Baller

@Chuck_Dickey no worries

If somebody asks a question or an opinion of something such as this the person who asked the question should not be offended by the answer even if they don't agree with the response. Hopefully people who read this forum are smart enough to to have an open mind when trying a new product. Any person who reads this forum is going to have some preformed idea about a product when they see the reviews good bad or other.

• Baller

I,m still having problems getting my N1 setup, tried various, cannot get the the ski to sit down after turning the offside, cannot get leverage against the boat on the offside, very frustrating, the offside used to be where I could get out of trouble and pull it back, right foot forward.

Even thinking about trying other skis again, hard after you have spent much hard earned cash.

• Baller

Any ski setup wrong can be a problem, but we have to remember everyone skis different and will have a different opinion of what they feel. This is really important to consider when helping someone setup a ski, and lots of questions that might seem trivial are important, especially for me to ask when I am working to help a skier get the best setup.

I try and get as much information as possible back from the skier, and work to adjust the ski settings (if needed) to their style of skiing first, then we can discuss how the ski can help improve their skiing and future settings to continue making this better.

@Mapple

It's really cool to have you contribute here on BOS, thank you. I hope one day to be able to meet you and maybe take some lessons.

@stevie boy

Suggest you call Dave Goode for help on your N1 settings. When I bought my N1 I skied great right out of the box, matched my PB first set. Spoke with Dave and he said that was not good enough and he worked with me on settings to greatly improve on what I though was a dialed in ski. He worked with me on a weekend and had me call him between sets to describe the effects and advise further changes. Now feels even better, faster cross course and turns like a dream. Call his office and they'll give you his cell.

I'm sure Andy Mapple's new ski is a great ski and he will do all be can you get it dialed in for you.

• Baller_
@Stevieboy Scot Chipman is correct. The DFT and length on the N1 is critical and lots of numbers out there are taken with different calipers. If you can find a N1 that is set up right, take your caliper and measure it. Set yours up with those numbers and go from there if you need to tweak. This is all a result of 2 generations of Slot calipers of which some have gaps in the jaws and some dont. If you cant find a set up N1, go with the tips length measurement of posted in the thread.

• Baller

I rode the AM 33, and absolutely loved it with the right setup. Overall, probably the fastest thing I have ever been on. I have not ridden a 6.0, but look forward to trying one. I'm on an N1 at the moment...I like it mostly. Certainly no slug, but not the fastest thing I've ever been on.

I would have to agree that it @Mapple is second to none when it comes to customer relations.

I hope I get the chance to try the 6.0, and hope to ski with Andy again.

• Baller
I find myself wondering if the setup isn't the most important thing with either of these skis. Some people (@Horton) have gotten on the Nano 1 and loved it, picking up buoys like crazy. I've seen a bunch of folks skiing them at tournaments and have seen no change in their ball counts. One difference might be that many of us average Joe's don't really understand or have the time for a perfect ski setup. People with greater knowledge or access to Big Dawgs or pros who can tune the ski for them seem to be loving the new skis. I think it would be worth skiing with @Mapple just for that!

Keep it coming. These are the two skis I am interested in. I want to change skis this year but I want to get it right. Skis are too expensive to purchase, then determine that it won't work well for you after skiing on it for several months. I did that with the Elite- I was looking for a ski that required a little less pressure in the pull. The Elite was that ski , I however could not stay balanced over the middle of it. I had some great sets on it but never any consistency.