How many different slalom courses have you skied on?

ski4xtc

• Baller
Yesterday I was thinking about all the different ski sites I had been to and what I liked about each of them. I then started to wonder how many different slalom courses I had skied on. The next thing I knew, I was counting them by the state they were in. It took me a few minutes to come up with the number of 46. About two hours later I remembered three in my own state that I had forgot to count. This morning I thought of two more in CA. I don't travel like I used to so I am guessing a lot Ballers could be well over 100.

• Administrators

9 in Newberry

17 Bakersfield

4 other So Cal

9 Nor Cal

1 Oregon

1 Washington

3 Utah

3 Colorado

5 Texas

1 Oklahoma

1 Kansas

7 Louisiana

5 Mississippi

2 Alabama

2 Georgia

16 Florida

6 sites in Australia

1 site in Mexico

1 site in Costa Rica

This is what I can think of off hand. There is more...

• Baller
@scotchipman, I have been thinking about your question for the last couple of days since @brady posted the thread on digging a ski lake. I still do not have an answer. Discussed this with a very respected water ski friend last night and the first thought for both of us was Shortline in Elk Grove. There are a lot of other sites that have numerous nice qualities too. That is why I think anyone considering developing a lake project should visit several of the better sites, talk to a lot of people who know their stuff and put all those good qualities and ideas into the site they are building.

• Administrators

2 Banana

2 Creekside

2 Paradise

3 Ski West

Percision

Seventh Heaven

Adobe

2 Ironwood

Thompsons (no longer a ski site)

Porterville

Taft

• Baller

That's really just a WAG. Where I've skied on my own personal portable course probably accounts for well over half. I really enjoy skiing different sites and behind different boats, just for the variety.

At INT Regionals in Arkansas last fall we skied a lake that I'm sure had never had a course on it before period. That was way cool. Used my personal portable (home field advantage?), the lake skied great, like Florida water. Beautiful site, cool to (probably) be the first to ever ski on that lake.

• Baller_
74 that I can think of, counting one course per lake unless separated by at least a mile. Multiple lake sites get counted per lake, not per site. 15 states total: NY (20) VT (6) NH (2) CT (2) MA (1) PA (1) VA (1) FL (30) AL (1) GA (1) LA (1) SC (3) NC (2) CA (2) and IN (1).

Lpskier

• Baller
Right now at 17 but have a feeling I'll come up w/a few more as I reach back into my memory banks. Actually, just thought of another (Mystery Lake in Luverne, Al) so make that 18. Very limited in states skied: AL, GA (make that 19, Lake Tanisia in Dallas, GA), FL, AZ. Probably will end up in the 21-45 catagory when all is said and done but it will be in the low 20s.

• Supporting Member

Cool poll! I came up with 27, assuming that different courses that are very near to each other on the same "site" count separately.

I would bet I'm forgetting a few, but I'm for sure not gonna get out of the range I voted in.

I'm actually mildly suprised that there aren't more with huge numbers. I've skied way fewer spots than my regular ski partner @MikeT, so I guess I just assumed he was typical for long-time tournament skiers.

Nice poll !!! As far as I recall, 15...over the past 5 years, so that's basically 3 / year. Counting different lakes even in the same location.

Note none of them in the States!

1 Tequesquitengo Mexico

3 Cancun Mexico

1 Paris France

2 Nemours South of Paris France

1 Gravon south of Paris France

1 Deauville, Normandy France

1 Montpellier Area France

2 Roquebrune sur Argens South of France

2 Lacanau, Bordeaux Area France

1 Jablines, Paris Area France

Hopefully all of okeeheelee lakes in March / April this year ;), 2 others in Gravon, 2 others Near Paris, 1 or 2 others in Normandy...Man so much to live, so much to see :)