Skiing in the rain

bogboy

Anybody like to ski in the rain? A ski buddy came over today when the conditions looked good. We started to suit up with dry suits, and it started to rain pretty hard, but the lake was calm, so we went skiing anyway. I used raquet ball glasses to protect my eyes, and we had a great, fun free ski. He skis at 36, & I free ski at 34, but it seemed so fast that I thought he left the p.p. at 36 for me, but it was really at 34. Must be the rain in your face that makes it seem fast.

• Baller_
back when we had a Tuesday time slot at the SkiPark, we were limited to 2-5pm, so we'd ski in whatever the weather, used to get stuck with rain sometimes, but still had a good time, +1 on the eye protection - it made skiing possible, but you had to really concentrate on keeping your vision up

• Baller

There is usually a single day of the summer, where the temps will hover around 76, the sun stay hidden. The lake will stay perfectly glass all morning, and it will drizzle steadily. You will start out covered up, but ultimately you just leave your wet gear on for ease.

Some of my best ski "days" in terms of overall mood and enjoyment have been those days.

• Baller

Most tournaments ski unless there is lightening, so might as well ski it in practice. It would not be a good idea to run your first passes in the rain at the Regionals or Nationals..