How is the weather at your house?

Horton

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting into the middle 60's in Washington. @Horton, we had Jill k. over for a ski. She told us how you guys were buddy's at tournaments when you were younger. She gave us some really good lessons, and said she will trade ski pulls for lessons all spring and summer. Great, nice gal.

• Baller
Even in Anchorage Ak we can usually mow/rake the lawn for the first time on tax day (April 15). This year I think we are way off track, got about 6" of snow over the weekend and forecast is for high in the upper twenties all week! Bring on global warming!!! Heading to FL again on May 1 to thaw...

• Baller

This is our forecast for tomorrow.....

A major winter storm is heading into our area. Snow will begin between 7am – noon on Thursday. The Duluth area is expected to get 10+ inches of heavy snow with sustained winds at 25 mph and gusts of 40–50 mph off of Lake Superior. This storm is expect to be an all snow event in the Duluth area. Heavy snow in trees may result in downed power lines and power interruptions. Travel will be difficult and not recommended.

If this keeps up (which I think it will because 2 more storms are predicted in the next 6 days), unfortunately, I think we are going to beat our all time record for ice our on our lake which is May 9th. There will still be ice on the lakes for the MN fishing opener.....

• Baller
It's snowing like a beast here in WI right now. We're running 20 degrees below average temps, which is supposed to continue according to the 10 day forecast. This is the worst spring I can recall in my 40 years being alive.

• Supporting Member

@Chef23 Sounds good. Currently don't know MikeT's schedule, but he's not starting skiing yet due his achilles tear last year.

Predicted HIGH today in Natick MA is 40F. Sheesh. Even for Massachusetts, this is not typical.

• Baller
here in canada, we are still hovering around the freezing mark, day time highs are our normal night time lows. Its supposed to snow tonight, lake has 3 feet of ice still, last year i had already skied by this point