Show us your lake!

doonez

Just checked google earth and have seen they have updated our region to show our newly built lake! Silly but is actually quite exciting to see it for the first time from a Birdseye view! To the north there is a dedicated wetland for native wildlife and the smaller lake below has a cable on it which is soon to be joined by another one running parallel to it.

I thought it would be a good idea for the baller community to put some photos from google earth or something of their own lakes or waterways up that they use - a bit of a show and tell if you like. I for one would be interested in seeing the different shapes and layouts of privately built lakes or all the little sheltered and hidden spots where slalom courses are tucked up in public waters. I apologise if there is another thread where something similar has been done! Here is ours...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Not mine, but my new favorite place to go out of town to ski at. Ski Scape in Mandeville, La owned by Bobby Franks and Jeff Danos. Dave West, Jeff Greathouse, Chad Scott, Tyler Scott, and myself skied there last weekend. It's short and you have to be in the mindset that it's time to rock and roll as soon as you clear the island. But it was sweet!

• Baller

@addkerr our swamp is similar size and our two courses are laid out in similar orientation to your two courses. Only 3 landowners on ours, though, and the only dock w/a boat is ours, the boat launch sucks.

Land-owner where we put our dock/lift/boat typically charged us $750 annually...he called and said don't pay him anymore. Pretty cheap essentially private lake skiing with good wind protection...all that's missing is ZO.

• Baller
I found this guy near me last year in Byron, GA and have really enjoyed his lake. Almost never any rollers and plenty of run up space to get situated before the course or celebrate after a good pass. He doesn't have ZO on his boat but it's a very laid back atmosphere which is more important than a perfect pull through the course IMO.

• Baller
Who is Colonel Bob? I have only met one family there since we looked at then purchased the lot? I will be meeting Jim for sure on my next visit in May. I will miss Seth doing his clinic though as I will arrive too late that ay pr teh Monday right after?

• Baller
@6balls we are a in a holiday resort, so all the lodges around the lake are rented. We lease the lake and only our boats allowed on there. We run an open door policy so anyone that wants to ski can just come down. Currently running Malibu Responces with ZO.

• Baller
One step closer to having my course set up. Just need to attach the arms for turn balls. Far end is just hung up a bit on some weeds; a lil tweak on that end and it will be perfectly straight. Or, maybe it's that strong cross wind?