I am still in love

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

Yes, I am still (hopelessly) in love with my wife, but I think most of you will be more interested to know:

I am still in love with my Goode Nano One. Not surprisingly, the honeymoon is coming to an end for some people, and for others either the ski didn't work for them or they didn't have the right setup (an area where I benefitted tremendously from direct advice from Dave Goode). And there are new skis that seem worthy of buzz as well.

So against that background, I just wanted to mention that essentially none of the luster has worn off for me so far. Yeah, it's crazy early in my season, but I've been at this a long time, and on a plateau for 10+ years, so I have a pretty good history against which to judge where I am. Yesterday, for example, was my 3rd day in the course. In the past, I would be *maybe* taking a first crack or two at -32. -35 would be weeks away. Then add in a crazy crosswind (some semi-hardcore members of my club opted not to even ski) and prior to the N1 I wouldn't have even considered a -35 attempt. But with this ski, -28 feels like so much rope and -32 is really comfortable, even early season with bad conditions. So I went ahead and gave -35 a shot and then I even further surprised myself when I came within a few inches of the 6 ball. Without a particularly nasty gust at the 5-ball, I feel I would have run it.

There's never a guarantee that being ahead this early will translate to anything at -38 and -39 (the mere fact that I mention -39 says something), but all I can evaluate for sure is where I am now.

So still two thumbs up to the N1.

• Supporting Member

Just ran 35 at the earliest date ever. I don't actually know the exact old mark, but running 35 in May has been quite unusual, and I doubt I've ever gotten one before 5/25 ish. Plus my first one is usually on a perfect day, but today featured an "interesting" crosswind.

I doubt I've ever tried a 38 in May. That first 35 is usually ragged and I don't feel ready at all. But today I missed the handle out of two and still ran it so went on to 38. Can't say I did anything there, but I will :).

Then ran my 2nd earliest 35, going 2 for 2 on the set.

Gotta be the ski.

• Supporting Member

My settings haven't changed since September, so if you copied those from somewhere then they should be right.

I am on the D3 Tfactor. They have some durability issues, but I love the way they work.

• Supporting Member
@scotchipman I do know I'm a little longer than factory (queue the clever jokes). That actually happened by accident, but I really like it. It seems to be the thing that makes my off-side beautiful, and doesn't hurt anything else (that I can tell!).