Big Accomplishment for My Wife (video)

• Baller

Had to post this because I'm so stoked for my wife! The last video I posted of her was the VERY first time she made it around all the training buoys. Well.... that was 3 weeks ago. Now she's around the pumpkin colored ones. I'm proud to admit my wife skis better than I do. I can still remember exactly 11 months ago when she decided to try one ski.... now she has turned into a monster. Watch out Regina

(pay no attention to the boat path near the gates)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6MVyHgBfvA

• Supporting Member

I agree with @Wish -- I really noticed that fist pump at the end, because that shows the kind of passion that drives us all to GET ... MORE ... BUOYS. Not everyone has that, and it's probably the single strongest indicator of how far someone will get. Sure, most of us are eventually limited by (lack of) athletic ability, but a much bigger super-majority never even get close to their potential because they don't have the passion for it.

You gotta be a little messed up to chase these little red buoys, and thank god I am!!

• Baller
The passion was definitely there on Sunday. This was actually the 3rd complete pass she made that day. Had I posted the video of her first successful pass, you would have heard me screaming like a girl from the drivers seat. You also would have seen another fist pump from my wife BEFORE she rounded 6 ball. She knew it halfway out to the ball that she was going to turn it and started celebrating. Pretty awesome moment for us rookies.

• Supporting Member

@aswinter05 There are, of course, great things about being a veteran. But the one thing that kinda sucks is that these "big moments" get pretty far apart. I feel incredibly lucky to have had even one in 2011 (ran -38 in a tournament) and two mini-ones in 2012 (got outside 2 @ -39 in practice; ran -38 in practice with Goode camera's rolling). A more typical year goes by without a single "big moment."

Point being: Keep sharing! It's a lot of fun to live vicariously through those on the steep part of the learning curve!

• Baller
Solid advice. The great news is, I think we've got several "big moments" ahead of us in the near future. Next up for her it will be running the course at 28mph and for me it will be 32 mph. Eventually it will slow down like you said so we'll be sure to live up every moment.