Trakker P4 verses Wakeye

bigtallweed

• Baller

Have used a Trakker for years and switched to the Wakeye a couple months a go...The Wakeye by far is superior for several reasons..The tracking is excellent with less vibration, especially with the shock tube option..I use a Sony Camcorder..I also like the fact it can be detached and mounted in seconds..I like having the standard arm when switching from boat to boat..I use the Shock-Tube mount in my boat, it does a better job of keeping the skier perfectly centered, especially at shortline.

I actually got it just to use with other boats, but once I tried it on my boat, it was so much better, I use it every day.

• Baller
@bigtallweed I have one of each on my two boat's. If you need to move it around, the Wakeye's clamp is faster. Without the shock tube mount on the Wakeye, I prefer the Trakker 4. With the Wakeye shock tube mount, Wakeye.

• Baller

Speaking of support..John Gibbons at Wakeye gives some of the best customer service I have ever seen..Worked with him through the development of the Shock-Tube Option, plus he ships faster from New Zealand than many companies here in the US...The quality of their products is excellent.

You cannot believe how small and light this mount is till you hold one live !!!

Thanks to Horton for the unboxing video..BOS is what sold me on Wakeye.

• Baller

Just order direct..They shipped mine to Orlando via DHL in 4 days.

As far as Shock_Tubes, smaller is better..I used the new small Masterline..It was a little to skinny for the holder, so I took a Black Cuzy, Beer Cooler Holder, cut out the bottom, and turned it inside out, and slid it over the Shock-Tube...Looks good and works perfectly.