Interesting fin measurement discovery, 1 side of fin to other...

Killer

• Baller

being right handed I suppose I normally measure my fin from 1 side (the side with writing on it). The other day in measuring my 2011 HO A2 66.5" I noticed that I was getting different depth numbers on either side of the fin... Off by nearly 0.01...

I know there were fin box issues with the early run A2s, no idea if this ski has any issues, looks fine, with a bit more of a gap on 1 side of the fin then the other, no idea what that means..

Has anyone else ever found different numbers coming up on either side of the fin? I'm getting some wheelie action on my offside not sure if its related or not.

• Baller
You'll get different measurements on almost all skis when measuring both sides. The head of the caliper engages the concave in a different spot. That why you should always measure with the ski facing you and the fin box to the right as that's how everyone does it.

• Baller
Yep. Every ski I've ever measured. I just try to be consistent whenever I measure. Always the same side and actually I prefer to measure it in my house on the rack so temperature/humidity don't play a factor but that's really just for convenience, tool availability, and comfort more than being anal retentive. But I have found it's more difficult to get accurate readings in the sun.