New Master Craft next week?

hacker

• Baller
The 196 is one of the most desired slalom boats every. I don't think the 197 is a good comparison. The used 197's from what I've seen are one of the cheapest ways to get into a newer Zero Off boat. I doubt they'll go any lower though.

• Baller
I'm curious to see the price increase as well. The 200 was a jump from the 196, however there was a lot more glass and vinyl involved. The 197 is already a fairly large open bow boat, so I don't see the amount of materials increasing much, if at all. Actually, the new PS may even be smaller? They also must be cautious not to price it out of the reach of the target market, so I can't see it costing more than a 200. Of course, I could be dead wrong.

• Baller
From what I am told - it will be an amazing boat. Everyone I have talked to that knows about them, and helped develop the new boat, is super stoked about what it will do to the slalom market. Even though I won't be getting a new boat anytime soon, I can't wait to ski behind one whenever I go to my local MC dealer and get some lessons.

• Baller_
The 197 already has a sweet wake for the high end skiers. The questions is, will it be good for the Jrs and long liners at slow speed. I hope so. It would be nice for them to not have to worry about what boat they are skiing behind.

• Baller
TXI is my favorite 15 off boat. the MC is in distant 4th place.. actually, my Moomba has better wakes at 15 off and below 30mph than the MC. I darn near land at the ball and have to do a massive Z turn on any MC. Here's to hoping the new MC can be competitive for us 15 offers. Having said that, Id rather ski the MC than not ski at all.

• Baller
@Horton... starts at 23mph, and goes to 28.6 (all at 15 off) I think I kissed 2 ball one time in my life at 30mph... maybe.. but that was 15 years ago.. so it could be one of those rose colored glasses memories. We used to run the mini course at 36 mph, 39.5 off.