Horton

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

I posted my boat on their Facebook page and this is what they said:

MasterCraft Boat Company She's a beauty! Sit tight, we'll provide the full meal deal on Wednesday. We will launch a Facebook page on Monday with a few images but nothing revealing.. Its worth the wait.

Unlike · Reply · 1 · 4 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/MCBoatCompany/posts/10151525203946752?comment_id=27000177&offset=0&total_comments=2&notif_t=feed_comment

• Baller
Had a discussion with Terry McNew (MC CEO) on the weekend, in amongst the things that he told me about the new boat, one thing was how well it lifted out of the water, even at slow speeds, (he did mention that they still have some work to do on the trick wake, "maybe a wedge" was his statement) so my guess is the fuel economy will be good.

• Baller
I just threw up in my mouth a bit (looking at that X-10). I'm a Malibu owner but a long-time Mastercraft luster-after-er. I think the current Prostar is the (dare I say) sexiest of the current direct drives. Hopefully the new Prostar doesn't look too much like the X line...

• Baller

@Than_Bogan Quite rude! However, raw size is not the critical factor. A small steep clean wake is great for tricks. Such a wake can often be optimized with weights or plates. Learning flips is easier with a huge wake - packing them into a run favors a smaller wake.

The Carbon Pro has a tiny trick wake. Nice shape but too small. But I haven't had enough time behind it with access to weights to try to adjust it. An interesting experiment?

The table is critical and insensitive to loading or trimming. @MS favorite boat, the CC196, had an excellent trick wake but an unskiable table. Hopefully MC won't make that mistake.

Eric

• Members
I would think that improving the <34mph wakes would open the boat up to a LOT more potential customers. One of the big intimidating factors about getting people to take up the sport is their fear of the wake. It also makes the learning curve a bit easier for those just starting to get beyond 15off/30mph (like me). This is one of the big reasons why the TXi and 200 are so friendly to beginning and intermediate slalom skiers. I'd like to see a similar beginner-friendly wake in the new MC.

• Baller
Add a +1 to that. My boat hasn't even been to 34 a single time this year. I'm just not a good enough skier, and I'm the best skier my boat sees. I would love to see the manufacturers focus on small wakes at slow speeds and long lines.

• Administrators

@escmanaze

if I were going to Calgary to drive and ski behind the new boat I would for sure make a careful note of the wake 26 to 32 mph... if that is why I am going

• Administrators
@wish it is called design. I suspect that the new boat will not be cookie cutter like every other boat. Although I have to agree with the folks that say the current MC is the best looking rig on the water. The deep red metal flake on white is just killer.

• Baller
@Ral, They won't speak about things that haven't been disclosed to us publicly until they have permission. There is absolutely no way MC will miss on the wake after a total redesign targeted specifically at addressing the shortcomings of the previous generation and the current market. I'm pulling for MC!!!!

• Baller
@Texas6, looking forward for that. Many of out tournaments take place at Los Morros, and are in MC's now. Hopefully the Worlds will be pulled by the new model and they will stay here...

• Baller
Worlds could be pulled by a 96 mastercraft if they got an exception. IWWF doesn't have a boat approval process. Instead they use the AWSA boat tests for approval. The AWSA will grant, and has granted, exceptions for new boats. The boat tests aren't until the fall, but new model year boats start shipping the last week of July. When the 200s came out in 2010, an exception was made to allow them to pull tournaments prior to the boat tests. Same with the TXI in 2011. TXI's pulled the Malibu Open in August of 2011 and the boat tests weren't until November, if I remember correctly.

• Administrators

For the record:

I just had dinner with Freddy and Karen. They told me nothing about the new boat. I'm not being sarcastic I mean they really will not tell me anything.

• Baller
@RAL I believe the issue is production logistics. While MC has at least one full preproduction boat finished, they're still in the process of building out the production process and lines. I'm told the first new prostars won't ship til December. With Worlds happening in late november they would need to have some boats ready to ship in late october.

• Administrators
@Texas6 I did not try very hard. At this point I know no one is talking until tomorrow AM. As soon as I am cleared to see it AND talk about it you guys will get hear and see it all.

• Administrators

And to answer questions from my text messages. Yes the new boat will have two props.

(@Mattp can you show me how the sarcasm font works again?)

• Baller
MasterCraft has tried to step out of the box before. Back in the late 90's they hired Rob Shirley (the original MC founder) to redesign a new boat for them and he came up with some pretty unique stuff. However, most of the designs were too expensive to produce so they never happened. Anyone remember what happened next? Rob Shirley started Infinity in 2000 and we saw the world's first inboard V-drive.