The MasterCraft Prostar 2014 is HERE

E_T

• Baller
It's been really, really interesting hearing from the people working on this boat(as well as MC's other redesigns) and what they went through. From the different iterations of test hulls that Marcus and Will Bush were working on, hearing about going back to the dock to get life jackets when testing cause it was such a crazy ride, to casting longer tracking fins and rudder so they could test one hull, etc. MC sent an engineer to a boat show here and he and I went around to all sorts of manufacturers pretending to be buyers looking at how other high end boat builders(not just ski and wakeboard boat builders)did their ergonomics. Marcus pretty much gave up 2 years of his ski career for today's debut. The new Pro Star has been a long time coming. And considering that the head of product development told us 18 months ago that the boat wasn't coming out until it was a game changer, I expect the wait will have been worth it.

• Baller
I just don't see anything to me that says "game changer". Maybe I need to see one in person, drive it and ski it. The SN200 was nearest to a "game changer" there has been in a while; it forced everyone else to catch up and redesign. It seems Malibu did it in about 1 year (i don't have any facts on this time frame but it is just my perception as they might have been designing the TXi well before 2010). Can someone in the "know" elaborate on what we should be looking at or for interms of any type of step change.

@ShaneH did anyone from MC tell you why the pickle fork? From the pics, it's so small it does look to add any room to the bow and it doesn't look like it has any provisions for a ladder like the PF X boats have. I would much prefer the pointed bow like they did with the X10.

• Baller
Short of abscent a wake; I am not sure how you make it better than the 200 or TXI. The biggest improvements to be made would all be at longer line lengths and slower speeds. Maybe that is where the biggest difference is with the new MC.

• Baller
Similar or better wake with better fuel consumption would certainly make for a nice advantage. Improvement in slow speed maneuverability would be a bonus. You can always improve. I like the TXi a lot, and the TXi was certainly an improvement over the LXi, but not the same kind of complete overhaul we are seeing here with the MC.

• Baller

@skibug Were you look for a plaque or banner that read Game Changer? ;) Game changer as far as performance, is what they indicated to us over the product development cycle. They set their goals on bettering the 200 performance. The TXI was a very minor revision over the LXI hull. Less than 3/16" difference between the two hulls in one spot so it was very easy for Malibu to make that change. The Prostar is an all new boat.

The pickle fork nose allows a slightly wider bow ahead of the windshield giving you a deeper gunnel in front. You then have more options in design when creating storage and seating. Also, the wider your front is at the rub rail, the shallower your keel v, or deadrise, will be. A shallow forehull deadrise helps with producing a flatter wake.

@ShaneH what/where did they actually change for the TXi? I knew it was small but don't think I ever saw the details anywhere. This is probably a stupid question but if it's that small is there something that could be done to the existing LXi hulls?

• Baller
@skibug, how you make it better than a 200? By making the wake similar, but the boat smaller and cheaper. I am a Nautique fan, but a similar wake, and a cheaper price and smaller size would have me buying one as my next boat.

• Baller
Best looking slalom tug on the water in my opinion - still love the 200, but the styling queues here are pure MC; and true to form they are a bit more bold and in your face than the others, but not overstated. Can't wait for the ride behind review

• Baller
The only thing I hope is that they do not put a high price tag on it. If so, we will have the same thing that happened with slalom skis. Nautique will raise the price of the 200, and we will be paying more for the same thing...

• Baller_
Wonder if the pf helps with the fitting of the hardshell bow cover. Maybe that makes that design easier to incorporate. Really like that cover. The quick shot of the hull in the rear sure did look off the charts different.