This summers PB

Skoot1123

• Baller

Well - I finally got to it. This season of skiing has been my best so far (from a consistancy and running up the line standpoint). Yesterday I smoked 3 -22 OFF's in a row, got 2 -28 OFF's in a row and then started really working on -32 OFF. Last season I set back and didn't run much -28 or -32. In fact I stuck mostly with -22 while trying to get better form. This season we started by going to Coble's at the end of June and it has done some awesome things for both my wife and I's skiing. A lesson in Farmer City, IL this past Saturday really buoyed my gate shot and is going to set me up to run more consistent gates, and get MUCH farther in my hardest passes. Last night was no exception. I ran 4 buoys at -32 OFF AND 34 MPH. Though I have run three -32's, I don't recall if they were at a 34 MPH. I really should have run the pass, but I saw 5 ball and was thinking HEY I'm going to run the pass.....and I went in the drink. I will get there this year I believe, and hopefully increase my buoy count at -35 and set a new PB.

What are your summer's PB's?

• Baller
This summer, I've skiied less thanks to the perma-drought here in Texas. Next year I'm sure we'll be fine. Last year I got 3 at 28mph sometimes, but now Im getting into 2 or 3 at 28mph most sets. So I think I have improved.. I've even bean able to pull for 4 a few times.. but not getting around it. that elusive 4 ball! Your going down!!

• Baller
1@39 at the beginning of summer then blew up my ski. Only ran 2 32's after that. Stuck at 2@38 on new ski, but it's starting to come around. Just happy to be skiing. Good skiing @skoot1123. I do the same thing. Every time I think I have a pass run, 5 ball shows me I don't.

• Baller_

I have not skied enough this season. Weather has been part of it and I had a minor ankle injury at the end of June. I had great hopes for this year and started very strong after some great 28 off coaching (and fin tuning) by @AB last September. But, lack of water time is causing problems. I am working on a solution for that for next season.

This year:

34 mph

2 at 32 off practice

.5 at 32 off tournament

36 mph

3 at 28 off

All time PBs (set in 2011):

34 mph

4 at 32 off practice

1.5 at 32 off tournament

36 mph

5 at 28 off

I have a long way to go.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I have progress from 6@26 to 6@29 and 2@30 (have not tried 30 mote than 2 times)

But I suck. Some sets I get 50% full passes at 26 and some times just one.

My off side position is way better than my on side......

Some passes am am getting earlier and earlier and could turn 15 feet ahead of last boie.

Other passes I make stupied things every turn.

A few days ago was the best passes ever.

Today was really crappy.

Does not improve with a break either. Tried it a few times.

Take coach regularly.

Open for advice.

Great skiing @Skoot1123 looks like you have been making some serious progress!

I have skied less this summer i believe and have only gained a buoy! 4 @35 so far, but im getting down to 4 consistently, did it twice last night and once today! im so close to running it!

• Baller
Just an awful season. Knee surgery, bad weather, new ski, my Dad passing away. Up until last week I hadn't run a single -38 this season, which was really bumming me out. Came back from Mom's after 3 and a half weeks of no skiing and walked down the line to 1 at 39 off. Maybe I should just ski once every three weeks?

• Baller

Just back from a nice evning at the club.

Conditions was rather ok.

Made an ok 28 mph and then trained on 30 just to feel the speed and work on rythm shadow bois.

Ended up taking 3 bois 3 times (sort of new PB)

Mostly thanks to improved gate.

I hope I will get 6 at 30 this year.

• Baller
@Skoot1123 we're in such a similar boat. Been stuck with a 2@-32 PB for a couple of seasons, never even had a look at 3 ball. Unfortunately, I'm lucky if I get over 10 sets in the course per summer, so it's hard to pick up buoys (this year, I might break 15 sets!). Anyhow, thanks to an updated ski and BoS on my mind, I managed 4.5 @ -32 on my 3rd set in the course (started thinking about 6 and bamm!). Haven't matched it again, but been pretty close, and yesterday I ran -32@32mph for the second time. If I can only figure out a tight-line ball 1, I'm sure -32 will start to come with some consistency. Any year with a PB is a good year, even if it's just a half buoy.

Yes I am increasing my speed (32mph in the bag) but my main accomplishment is that I have not taken any OTFs this year which I think must be a good indicator that my position is improving. It got to the point last year where at times i thought i needed to find another sport. I kind of hate to post this because I have now set myself up for failure tomorrow night.

• Baller

Practice PB this year has been 4 @ 38' OFF (Ran that a few times this year). Been around 2 and 3 ball alot!

Tournament PB this past weekend of 1.5 @ 38' OFF 34.2 MPH (ZO)

Summer goal to run a 38 at 34.2 ( ran a slow one this year 33.7 MPH) New ski on the way........

• Baller
Just bumped it. 4@39 which is not only season PB but 1 buoy lifetime practice PB. For those familiar with my sometimes (always) erratic onside I came into 4 and took too much (imagine that) and missed the handle grab. Took the hit one handed and busted hard at the waist over the front but at ok angle. Blazed thru the wakes one handed nearly going out the front only to stand up and ride away ending up even with the boat on the right with driver shaking his head. I'm pretty sure I saw flashing lights, the pearly gates, and a bottle of Kilo Kai in succession. I'm kinda sore...but thankfully intact.

• Baller
Prior to last year access to the course was sporadic at best. However last year I met a new buddy and ski his course pretty regularly. After one full year figuring out -15 I am now chipping away at -22. Got 2.5 @ 34mph and got 5 when we slowed down to 32mph.

• Baller

FINALLY!!!! I made it around all 6 buoys at -32 OFF last night. Super stoked about that!! It was a slow 34.2 mph - probably more like a 33.2 mph pass but it sure felt good to get around all 6 of those buoys! On my second set I just wanted to see what -35 OFF felt like..... now that is a WHOLE NEW ballgame. I got around 1 ball once.... but just let go of the handle as there was no way I was going to hang on to that slack line. Guess I need to do a LOT more work at 28 and 32.

@6balls - way to go man!! Especially with a crazy season you are having!

.5 @ 35 (34mph) for me this year so far. just went from M2 to M3. previous practice PB was 1 @ 32 (36mph) seems about comparable with the speed change. really starting to feel a change in the dynamics with the shorter line now. very interesting experience for a hack skier like myself

• Baller
Just last night, I finally got past 4-ball at -28... and past 5 and past 6! I just went off the dock at -28. First pass got 4 (best thus far this season). Then, on the next pass, I ran it; and then backed it up with another full 6 in the other direction (mega cross wind, too). ZO was in practice mode at 33.2 MPH (I requested 33 and the driver was bumping the speed up .1 MPH each pass). I heard that some of the big dawgs learn a new rope length by slowing the boat down (sometimes a lot (28-30 MPH)), so that's my plan. Learn it slow and work up to full speed.

• Baller
Finally ran all 6 at 32off (34.2mph) last night in practice. Turned all 6 three times in a row, great feeling! I've been running 28 in my sleep, but was always getting slack at 1 ball, but with some gate practice at 28 I've managed to keep a tight line and ski out the exit gates, very happy and can't wait to try again tonight.

• Baller

My practice PB for this summer is 3 at 38, but my tourney PB is a measly 4 at 35. Since I am not getting through 35 as regularly as I have in previous seasons, I am living vicariously through my daughter.

She just turned 22, and ran her first full practice 28 off (34mph) about a month ago. Ran her second one at Regionals and ended up with 2 at 32 (6th off the dock in the morning after working the graveyard shift). Her last 2 visits to the lake, she got 4 at 32. She is going to be kicking my butt soon! I'm enjoying her PB's more than I ever enjoyed mine!

• Baller_
Update: Set a new tournament PB tonight of 3 @ 32 off. Previous was 1.5 at 32 off. Felt like I could run it, too. Just slightly late at 3 and didn't get on it to catch up. I think I might have been surprised at how good 1 and 2 were - and the fact that I was rounding 3.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Members
Last summer, I finally got consistent at -15/30mph. After a long winter, a late start, and a new baby, I'm happy to be pretty consistent at -15/31mph and have made -22/30mph a few times too. I'm hoping that my runs behind the new ProStar on Sunday bump the PB a little. I have to try and not look like a complete hack behind that boat if @MarcusBrown is watching.

• Baller
Last year my tournament PB was 2@28' off and my practice PB was 2@32' off. A broken ankle messed with my progress this year and I haven't skied a tournament at 100% or even 85% yet, so I've just been happy getting more than one pass per round. Hopefully I can at least equal my last year pb's at this weekend's tournaments, but it would be a lot cooler if I can ski out of my mind!

• Baller
Hello Mr Blue! @Skoot1123 I think you inspired me... I finally ran -32 this morning. New PB: 2.5 @ -35. Thanks go to @Chuck_Dickey for selling me his S2 back in the spring, and to @Horton for creating this addictive site, so skiing is always on my mind. Lastly, thanks to one of my ski partners who helped me with the distinction: even though I hang on and don't release too early, when I do release, I reach too fast. About 17 seconds after explaining that I was out the exit gates. 13m goes down in 2013!

• Baller

I ran 1@38 (my first time through 35 off) down at Travers but haven't gotten it done yet in the north. I did get a good 4@35 today while not off the dock I was in good shape but I was tired as it was late in my set and I couldn't hold the load our of 4 ball.

Tourney PB hasn't increased.

• Baller
First day at 36 mph this year. Felt good at 15 and 22 off. Went to 28 and only got 2.5 buoys. Kinda got stuck there so I went back to 22 and ran a couple more then was done. Planned on a second set but that was not in the cards as some one started running through the course in their outboards. Ah well, was a great day.

• Baller

Finally I am getting a slightly better position.

After quite some training my off side position have become better then may on side ?!?

My ski buddy and coach usually decide the boat speed.

He sometimes increase just a bit when I ski reasonable well.

Today I got a 28,3 (46,5 km/h) as starter.

It was super easy.

Managed to follow up with a 47 then a 48 and finally the full 49 (30 mph).

I was rather early all passes.

!! I am really happy that I reached my goal to improve 12 bois this season!!

(It is not that difficult when you start at my low level)

Now I just need to get consistent at 30 before I try a 32.