O'Brien Endo...Space and Time...

jayski

• Baller
I just got this pic from Nationals and though it totally sums up how great the Endo really is, this pic is only at 32 off but the path of the ski shows just how much space and time it creates before the buoy, adding to that its super stable, has one of the best offside turns making both sides almost automatic...I have to give huge props to @drewross for his awesome shaping and design on this ski, I bought and tried every other offering and this one handily shone through as the dominantly better choice, if you haven't tried one yet you owe yourself to try one, I've ran more 38's this summer than on all other ski's combined in my life...

• Baller

My wife rode one and liked it a bit better than her older Elite. The "hit" at the end of the on side turn remained, but the ski was good.

I had considered trying it myself. Unfortuantely here in the states there seems to be zero interest in promoting the ski by O'brien. My wife was the only skier I saw on one at our Nats. There was no O'brien booth or products anywhere. It may be a good/great ski, but it needs some visable support by the mfg. (IMHO)

• Baller

After thinking about it, I have to take back one comment. O'brien was present at Nats as sponsor of the Big Dawg Finals.

I also second the comment about that being a sweet looking site. Most here are levee lakes in the flat land. Hills and trees are sweet!

• Baller

@Texas6 just early and wide @ 32, ski creates a great path...

@MrJones what is the fin set up @? I've found that deeper and further back cured any biting after the turn and created a great smooth arc with consistent speed, (the only time it remotely 'bites' is if I drop my inside shoulder in) especially in the early passes, and yes O'Brien doesn't run a huge hype machine like Radar, but the ski is stellar, O'Brien is on the right track with the ski, riding it is all it takes...sometimes its the quiet ones that are the 'hidden' gems...

@AB Radar plates work, set one up for another guy with Strada boots

@estrom Predator Bay in Calgary Alberta

• Baller

I am not saying the ski doesn't work btw. It's just this. Most high end skis will work and allow you to be within a couple of buoys of what you can do. A couple will probably be a little better for your style, but truth be told you could ride either one and be fine.

My question is do I want to ride one that has no visable support at the biggest tournament of the year, or do I want to ride one where I can go by the booth and talk with Eddie/Chris, Andy, Dave, Paul, etc. who have their product out and are there to support it? Oh, and I may also see other skiers on at tournaments where we can compare notes. I am thinking the latter choice.

• Baller
Good point @MrJones in regards to support and everyone has their own choices to make when buying a ski, but I think for the vast majority if the ski works the best for you, then that's what you need to go with, a couple buoys is a big deal when it's 38 or 39 off...hell its a big deal at any pass to any skier...good post hopefully those at O'Brien that need to hear this are reading...

• Baller
I ride the a 69.5" Strada which skis wide and early and turns are incredible for a big ski. Dave Goode is the best marketing man in the business but I like Radar stuff for my style. I wouldn' t call it hype but good marketing.

As a causual skier most of the terminology ski mfrs use goes right over my head and all sounds the same anyway but I had the chance to ski on an O'Brien Elite the other day and it absolutely blew me away, found it insanely fast and easy (normally ski on a D3 X3). Only reason wouldn't buy one immediately is conditions skied it on were different, (Elite was a free ski on a river).

• Baller

I have had a few practice sets on a 67 Endo, and have it pretty well dialed in now. It is a very very good ski. Enough so that I'm now selling my lightly used 67 A3 if anyone is interested. I'm accepting offers and interesting trades. Think I was just too heavy for the A3 at 6-4 210.

I really liked the A3 a lot, but I have to say I love the Endo. I shied away because of the lack of people skiing on it, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to try one. Fantastic ski at a ridiculously low price. Best way I could describe it, is a nice blend between the Elite and the Sixam. I can only get my bindings back to 29.5 and the fin settings are 6.835, 2.510, .710, and 8 degrees.

Somebody buy my A3 so I can buy this Endo.