New Prostar price. not for the weak.

wrecknprogress

• Baller
Honestly, I wouldn't assume the price is what was posted above based on one dealership. There is a vast difference. A nicely optioned '13 197 5.7 has an MSRP in the 80s, yet I know a dealership that will sell you that boat with trailer for less than $60k. And that's not even at a promo price.

• Baller

I'd get the 5.7 liter. All I'll ever need, better fuel consumption, and the most common engine on the planet. If I were looking to buy and as an ex MC promo owner. I'd be getting list of promo folks and trying to make a pre-order sale. Get them to order how you want it and work out a deal to buy it at the end of the season or find one that has ordered one with the options you want. The longer your in the program the better deal you get so find someone thats been in for years.

Having a boat pre sold was a huge stress off my back and I was definitely willing to deal if someone would do this. I would ask for a non refundable to deposit.

• Baller
I will be selling a mint, like NEW, 2013 Nautique 200. I'm letting it go so cheap, I better not post price, as to not upset any dealers. call if interested. 407-617-3417 However boat will not be available until Sept. 2014. Red Medal Flake. closed bow. Tower bimini, waterline cover. low hours.

• Baller_

Hopefully several baller's will check with their local dealer, get a price and add to this thread so that a larger and more representative sample size will hone in or confirm the price of the boat since there seems to be debate over a sample size of one but the only real data point to date.

@wreckinprogress: thanks for posting.

• Baller

Yikes. Most expensive boat I've bought to date is $17K for the 196. Most expensive vehicle $37K followed in second place by vehicle at $16K...all used and at less than 1/3rd new price.

The big 3 are turning into the Mercedes/BMW/Audi of the automotive world. Terribly pricey new, but built exceptionally well and perform exceptionally well...they last and depreciate like stones.

For some buyers new is key. For others waiting a few years results in picking up an exceptional ride at an incredibly reduced price vs. new but virtually no downside. Among the big 3's offerings in the used markets it is possible to pick up the latest/greatest hull under $40K. Each skier makes their own call here. I like bang for the buck, though have not had the bucks yet to get to ZO...hopefully in the next few years.

• Baller

If anyone wants a great boat here is one and much cheaper than the new MC price. Pulled a pending World Record and have been told by some of the best drivers in the world that this was not the best Malibu they have driven, but the best single boat they have ever driven. More bling than you can stand (even the white is pearl metallic) and drives so good you can cancel those marriage counseling appointments that were needed cause momma can't keep it in the center. I kept the pics big so you could clearly see @horton in the photo as a bonus.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/marcaustin11/photo5.jpg

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/marcaustin11/photo.jpg

• Baller

I'm pretty sure that the thought going through her mind was........ "I expected more from someone who's been skiing longer than I've been alive."

Fwiw, @MAD11 isn't making it up. That is the best driving and skiing boat I've ever been in. I would rather drive and ski behind it than my own '14 CC200.

• Baller
@SkiJay - At what loops are you saying the 5.7 SN 200 has better wakes than the 6 liter boat? I have skied behind both quite a bit and I don't find any difference at all in the wakes (28 and in). The 6 liter boat feels smoother pull wise though (IMO).

• Baller

@Roger My experience is limited to -28 through -35, and I should have said the "roost" not the "wakes," because the wakes feel the same to me. But in FL, I have a 5.7 CC200 that I ski behind virtually daily (over 200 sets last winter alone). That's a lot of familiarity with its wakes. Whenever I ski behind my neighbor's 6L CC200, or Matt Rini's 6L, I'm surprised by the roost during my opening 28. I'm not surprised because it's smaller, it's noticeably more solid or fuller-feeling in some way. I'm not expecting it, so it surprises me every time. It's not "big" or "bad," just noticeably bulkier.

In fact, I'd fully bought into the whole "the 6L is a better boat" sentiment and intended on making my next 200 a 6L, so I found this nuance a little disappointing. It's certainly not what I wanted to notice. In any case, it's not enough to stop me from getting a 6L if I got the right deal on one, but it is enough that I'd be perfectly happy with another 5.7 if that's the right deal too.

• Baller
$53.9 I recall. Still trying to convince my wife that it's a good idea. If I can, I have a dialed in mint 2007 fully loaded for sale setup by the Malibu promo director Dennis Kelly. Runs, drives and skis perfect and it's in Canada so no importing for fellow Canadians.