Jamie Beauchesne

D-Law

• Supporting Member

I just bought his boat and as far as I know he has no plans to get another one. I certainly can't claim to be his spokesperson, but he didn't seem to have a clear plan to remain involved.

He and Connelly have indeed split. From what he told me, it sounds amicable. They wanted him to ski a lot more tournaments and he wanted to focus more on the design side instead.

Great guy with silly amounts of natural talent. I always enjoy the couple of hours per year that I typically spend with him. But he's definitely a Free Spirit, which doesn't necessarily lead to a long career as a competitor.

• Administrators

Mmmm I think you guys are making assumptions about Jamie and Connelly without a lot of data.

The current ski is fantastic and they are working on "Stuff".

Was able to get some coaching from him & Seth, about 5 years in Charleston, late in the afternoon the winds picked to sub-gale force, noone wanted to attempt a pass. Jamie got out there, (I was in the boat :) & saw go up the line starting at 32off, he still ran the 38 off in a 20 mph tail wind with a half foot of chop. He was an absolute beast, super nice guy, with a ski path vision way beyond my pea brain fathomobilty, really enjoyed hanging out for the day with those guys

• Baller

@horton, assumptions is all we have since he is a mystery man. Would be good to know what's going on over at Connelly, as discussed in another post I read they are pretty poor with their promotional activity. The website advertises a 2012 model Prophecy, the shop has the 2013 and Joel Howley is still not part of 'the team' even though he is a part of 'the team'.

BTW I just got a '13 Prophecy and am testing this weekend based on yours and others recommendations, can't wait.

• Baller
There are some skiers over the years that I just enjoy watching ski. There are different reasons for this. Say the power of Carl Roberge back in the day. Well, Jamie was always one I loved to watch as well. His balance on the ski was like no other. There as an awesome pic of him in WSM from the Whitestone pro stop several years ago that really sticks in my mind...

• Baller

I could never get a straight answer from any IWWF guru about whether that event, the

2004 Malibu Open in France, had a glitch with the centerline video, or whether there ever

was any video at all. Maybe someone reading this post knows more. After that event,

Malibu moved it back to the US and never returned.

• Baller

Thought that he's won when he completed a pass and Will Asher didn't. Although, Will's

speed was hugely slow. But not pointed out immediately. Jamie skied back as a winner,

and went for the beer. Will got a reride, and ran the pass at the proper speed. So, there

was supposed to be a runoff or continuation, or whatever. Jamie refused to participate,

and so Will won. Easily one of the greatest screwups in the history of water ski officiating.

• Administrators
More than one skier has lost a title because they left the site or had a beer before the event was over. Pretty sure I lost a regional title once because I went to breakfast and missed a run off.

• Baller_
I have seen a slow ZO time. It is possible, even with the versions that were supposedly designed to prevent clipping. It can be done with a very light throttle up and not getting the throttle pushed far enough forward. I saw it with a 2015 TXi.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Members

Who was the runoff against? Parades, Astry, Gustin, Brown? If Shroeder was there (probably was), who would he have bet on? I don't think he has watched a slalom ride in the last 30yrs he hasn't bet on.

Back on topic, Jamie is actually a fairly decent snow skier. Goes down black diamonds and stuff

• Baller

He's not bad on a mountain bike or rock climbing. I got to meet him at boardstock at Konocti in Clear lake California. I helped set up the slalom course. Rob Stimmel ran the event RIP great guy and Centurion was the main sponsor. I don't think there was a worse site ever two to three foot rollers. I asked him what he thought of the conditions he goes this is great anybody can ski on glass. I'd rather ski in front of 30,000 crazy people than a couple hundred. I think there were over 50,000 people their. GOOD TIMES. STILL HAVE THE BANNERS IN MY GARAGE.