Anyone know this guy?

wawaskr

• Baller
The guy is a freak of nature.little dog to Big Dog in just a few years. Actually appears to be a humble person. Congrats to you on your success Steve. How bout a shout out to BOS in your next interview. Don't want to see you get banned : )

• Baller

@Texas6 ..... totally true: ACCESS, TIME, EQUIPMENT, SET-UP, and SKI with THE BEST people that are also willing to help others (not always qualities found in the same person). DAVE MILLER IS AN AMAZING ATHLETE and willing to share his knowledge. If you have never watched him ski, it is very impressive. His strength to weight ration is just not human. I am blessed to have received his help.

@TeamWally driving for T-Gas was more stressful than skiing.......

Very thankful for the people that have helped me, even if I couldn't name them all in that short interview. BRING ON SUMMER!

• Baller

@wawaskr I was on the 66" XT and it worked really well. I PB-ed 2 @ 39.5 on that ski in October 2013. I just got the 66.75" XT during this winter and have only skied 10 sets on it in CA after having not skied for 2.5 months.... BUT, I ran 35 on it and had 2@ 38 in my 5th set on the ski. So, I do think it is going to work really nice.

I could get all technical about why the 66.75" XT....... but in reality Dave Miller told me to. I try hard to be a good listener!

• Baller

@OB I am 180 lbs and 6' 3"

The 66.75" XT is new this fall. It is not the same as the previous Nano One 66.75". They worked hard for a specific rocker/flex numbers and redesigned bevels to make the ski turn like a little ski. I was on the 65.25" Nano One to begin with in the Fall of 2012. Then in August 2013 it was suggested that I get a 66" XT and I LOVED IT! I PB-ed like 3 sets in a row after the change. My wife is going to ski my 66" XT this coming season.

IMO: The 66.75" XT turns like a little ski, builds great angle, and runs cross course speed like a long ski. Really the best of both worlds. It skis easier than you think. After 8 sets on the 66.75" XT I went back and skied the 66" XT and just felt like I worked a little harder to run 32. I know I could have re-adjusted and skied fine on it, but the bigger ski just felt better and didn't seem to have any adverse effects due to the added length. Next set I went back on the 66.75" and my 35's really felt like 32's. It is worth a demo if you are looking to upgrade to the XT from the previous version of the Nano One.

DFT is close to factory spec of 0.705 , water temp was in the 50's so we shallowed up the fin depth a bit to 2.492 . Bindings were at a hair less than 29 1/2 inches.

I learned to ski behind a 1987 21' Four Winds Liberator (sweet wake...NOT). That was a "character building" experience.......... We downsized to a 1985 Ski Supreme when I was in High School, and learned how to get up on 1 ski. I worked at a children's recreational summer camp in NY during college as a ski boat driver and met my wife there. It was the first time I saw someone really "cut" on a slalom ski (a 12 year old camper). Got to try a course there a few times in Northern VT. I moved to WA and bought a budget minded 1987 Dixie Super Skier 299 (Google that one......). Started skiing the course, but no speed control and not the best tracking/wake/spray. In 2009 we upgraded to a 2003 Nautique 196 and began skiing a bit more. From 2009 to 2010 I worked on getting the speed up to 34.2 . I never skied any 36 in my life. In 2011 I decided to dedicate real time, energy, and money to practice and learn how to ski with the help of those around me. My open water skiing was never very good, basically cause I never had a very good boat, location, or anyone that was a good skier t learn from.

• Baller
It is cool how GOODE makes those offers to customers. I had a buddy here on the river that had a blemish in the top layer, he was offered a sweet deal on a new XT from his mid-ride. It is nice to have those options when there is an issue. Not many other companies do that sort of thing, that I am aware of.