Heater, heated seat or both?

Timber

• Baller
Heater....even in cars, I actually feel colder with a heated seat. Inevitably, my butt and back are on fire but by comparison, the rest of my body feels like it's touching an ice cube. It's even worse with leather so I can't even imagine what it's like with vinyl and wind.

• Baller
Both. Are you considering a hot/cold shower as well? They are great for filling up a wetsuit pre-ski or warming up after. My ski partner and I used to disagree if heat or shower was more important. If any of these accessories get you to ski a bit more early or late season or gets a significant other to come along more often than they are worth it.

• Baller_

I say all three are needed, though I only have experience with heated seats in the car.

As soon as my already purchased heated seat kit for the boat arrives and is installed, I will have all three: heater, heated seat, hot shower. The boat originally didn't have any and I will have added all of them. They will look like factory installs, though, since I was able to get the factory switch covers for each function.

For the heater, I purchased an extra Y to split it from 3 outlets to 4 (1 euro vent for the drivers footwell, 1 eurovent on the dash for the windshield, 1 extension hot tube in the helm support to the left of the footwell, and 1 extension hot tube under the observer seat). I also bought the y-pipe for the raw water intake to improve the heat output at idle. I recommend at least the y-pipe for the raw water intake.

For the shower, there are pump switches wired in series with the master switch at the helm and the slave switch in the trunk near the hose and valve controls. The slave switch cover and bezel look like factory equipment. I have to admit it is awesome to fill the wetsuit and spray the hands and feet.

I haven't heard of the heated steering wheel, but it sounds intriguing.

If I had to choose one, it would be heater. Before the shower, we would fill a cooler at home with hot water and use it for hands, feet, gloves. We could get by with that just fine. However, the shower has extended our sets beyond the original duration of the non-shower warm water.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

In an open boat, heated seats transfer more heat. Of course, my cold days I'm probably in shorts so my clothes don't insulate the heated seat much so I get extra warmth from the seats.

Soon we'll be talking about air conditioning in the boats. Waterski season will return.

Eric

So it is plenty warm outside right now but we are narrowing our new boat purchase. Since PW needs to stay warm, who has the hottest seats out of the big 3 (Malibu is not included)? Our caddy heated seats get smokin hot and PW loves. The Beam is good in my option and the company car (14 explorer are almost non existant). I need a happy PW so who has the hottest seats?

• Baller
Looked into making our seat warmer then it came from the factory, CheckCorp is the manufacture. Application calls lower setting then a car because of bare skin in contact with the seat, hotter would require an aftermarket heater or modifying the temp sensor in seat. At least that was the story back in 2006.

Larry -----<|

• Baller

I put heated seats in my 94 nautique years ago. They were marketed for use on motorcycle seats and as such they were designed for use in the elements.

They have 2 heat settings and will go as hot as you would want.

They came in a set of 2 for about 100$ if I remember. One pad for the back of the seat, one for the bottom.

I put them in the driver and passenger seats.

• Baller

We're thinking of adding seat heaters to our 2014 MasterCraft ProStar. It already has a heater, and we hope the seat heaters will help to extend our season.

Has anyone upgraded a 2014 or newer ProStar? If so, with what, how, how much, and the outcome would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

• Baller_
Love the heater on my feet as a winter Washington skier; add the heater hose in my coat & I can drive all day. Heated seat is a nice bonus but for me a good heater is the priority. And don't forget the hot shower to turn your feet back from blue to pink after a set!

For me in Utah I like all three but my first choice is now heated seats as long as you can get them for the driver and the passenger (I think Malibu still only has driver), second choice is heater, third choice is hot water shower. That being said hot water is a must and the most important thing in early spring and late fall. For hot water I now use an electric kettle at the lake where I have power, before I had power I would bring hot water in a cooler from home if the boat did not have a shower.

• Baller
@BoneHead Was that a 196? Wow I live in northern MN and its cold all the time and don't need any of that stuff.I have had showers and heaters however I just ski and don't notice its only 40 above.What are you folks a bunch of pussies?? Come here and ski and it will make you tough and you will live longer!!