Reflex Size 12 and 13 feet

OKSkier

• Baller

Just wondering if anyone out there has a a size 12 relex slalom boot(the black one) and has been able to fit a size 13 foot inside?

I know CP has been using one and I would imagine he has fairly big feet. Reflex doesn't make a size 13.

Thanks

I wear 13's with a 12 shell. I don't think my feet are overly wide though. Thin liner was ok, but something was hurting my ankle. Goode/FM Aqua liner feels much better. I had a strada liner in there for a while when I was between liners. My foot fit but since the liner is so thick, there was some pressure on the toes.

If you get a r-style rear (with the thick liner they're using), my personal experience was that it seemed tough to get my rear foot out of the boot in testing if the straps were even a little snug. Maybe it would have been fine in the water in a real fall but I didn't want it to get stuck. I use the thin liner that's normally for the front boot instead; it feels great and comes out easy when needed.

• Baller

My feet aren't that big but I am a 9.5 or 10 foot and I use an 8 boot with the Reflex thin liner molded. Carryover from my snow skiing (36yrs of it), I always go with the smallest shell I can get in and the buckles are just to keep it closed. I want the boot to be my foot, not on my foot, and excess liner is just extraneous "give", loss of precision and slop in the steering. More compfy too as I don't have to compress anything for a proper fit.

I would think with a 13 foot going down only one shell to a 12 shouldn't be a problem. Mold the Reflex thin liner and use some thin plastic outside the shell but under the buckles to keep the liner from coming out too much while molding. I cut a kitchen chopping mat to fit.

I had PowerShells before and no way could I get the Goode liners in my reflex boot, too thick. Whichever liner you use, make sure to mold it or your fit won't be right.