Mapple

block

• Administrators

Before someone makes up some wacky conspiracy theory:

I like and respect Andy. If you ever get the chance to just sit down and have a beer with him you should. (Or maybe it would be good to ski with him too. Whatever)

Andy has made the decision that BallOfSpray is not part of his marketing strategy. He no longer advertises nor has he ever really showed interest in my ski review process. As a business owner I totally understand that you have to make choices.

• Administrators
@AB running a business is never as straight forward as it should be. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors at Mapple and I assume you don't either. If you are going to speculate please leave me out of it.

• Baller
Not including you. Just the financial guy in me wondering. Controlling costs is only prudent. I was/am thinking about a 6.1 from all great endorsements made out here. And no, I do not have access to behind the scenes at Mapple.

• Baller

I've been mulling over trying a 6.0 or 6.1 Can someone comment on comparison of either of the Mapples vs a Goody XT? Thanks

(I'm on a goode N-1 now...maybe I should be on a larger N-1, but it seems too slow for the amount of effort I'm putting in)

• Baller
@Booze I got my 6.0 from @OB who went back to Goode. He might be able to give some comparison. I'm still liking the 6.0. I find it very forgiving of mistakes and I having much less falls on it - which fits with my main goal of avoiding injury.

• Baller
I got off on the n-1 to get on the Mapple 6.0. The Mapple worked MUCH better for me. Always felt like I was working my tail on on the n-1, but things really freed up for me on the 6.0. Moved from the 6.0 to 6.1 in June. It seems to carry the same speed across course for me as the 6.0, but feels like I'm on a rail through the turns. I love both of the Mapples, but am really really comfortable on my 6.1.

• Baller
Ya I would say 68 but you could email mapple , they are real cool with getting back to you. Cust. support is the best I have ever had with a ski company, even when you buy it used like mine. I have no idea what a 6.1 feels like but I love my 6.0 !

• Administrators

@rico‌ two things

Reviews are not connected to advertisering. I reviewed a D3 last year and will do a Warp this year. Neither currently are now or have ever been an advertiser. I would love it if Mapple sent me a 6.1 to review.

Readers are always talking about their skis.....what more do you want.

Wacky Frog

• Baller

MappleSkis has tremendous respect for John Horton and what he has done for the sport with BOS. This year MappleSkis for the short term decided not to advertise and purchase banners so we could focus on those $$ to be spent on getting out into the field and exposing the product direct to customers. See road tour schedule.

We have no issues with John Horton and BOS team doing any reviews on our skis. It has to be real, and not according to whether the company spends money with the tester. So.....how does the tester make sure this is right?

• Baller

@Mapple send him a ski and find out. Part of the lure to your company seems to be the detailed after sale support, so keep pushing that and work with the tester.

We all know there are a ton of top notch high end skis that just about anybody can ski their best on, but how many can get setup and technical advice from the best skier ever?