How often does your summer skiing get interrupted?

ScarletArrow

• Baller

I'm going to miss 2-3 of my regular skiing days in a 7 day period.

I the last time I skied was Thursday. I missed Friday and Saturday when I took my daughter to MWR over the weekend. I leave for a business trip tomorrow so I will miss Tuesday as well. I return until Wednesday evening and will ski Thursday. My ski buddy recently went 14 days b/c of a long vacation.

What the most your skiing gets interrupted by trips away from home (business or pleasure)?

• Baller
At my Job we have a plant shutdown for 2 weeks right in the middle of the summer. Usually loose 2 to 3 weeks of skiing from it. This year it cost me the rest of the season due to cutting the tip of my finger off.

Summer is fire season and, right now, I'm on an engine heading to some fire near the Oregon/CA border. I'm told we will be up there for anywhere from 7-21 days. If it lasts 21 days, I will miss two multi-day ski trips and several day-trips to the local public lake.

• Baller

Usually end up with 2-3 international business trips every summer that span at least a week and usually 2 weekends. Throw a short vacation in there every now and then and I probably don't even touch a ski for 5-6 weeks throughout the summer... I don't notice a week off so much but 2 weeks off takes time to come back to normal.

Could be worse... My job could suck and I could have injury related time off instead of vacations and work-cations.

• Baller
3-4 tournaments per year interrupt my ski time. I just came home from the Midwest Regionals. That will be the last one for a while. I am thinking of taking a season off from tournaments just to train. In Men 4 you have to get into 35off to make Regionals, and I have yet to get to it in a tournament. Ski time has been curtailed due to illness in June, and the lousy weather in this area. It is reflected in my scores. I also have to get some of the extra weight off.

• Baller
I had no idea that when my company promoted me, that they'd expect me to actually work! WTH!!! I went 8 years living the life of a playboy with no responsibilities because no one at my company knew what I did. Now, I'm somewhere every week. Case in point......planned on skiing this evening and then in the morning. But instead, I'm jumping on a 2:30 flight to Dallas and won't get back til late Wednesday. Being a grown up sucks!