San tan lakeside/phoenix

DmaxJC_ski

• Baller
@mwetskier I appreciate your feedback. I am open to all possibilities. Please note, I did and will continue to leave the offer open to her to come and ski at any time if she comes up north. I also understand and respect anyones right to ski with or whom or when they want at any time. For me it is simply an issue of attitude. And @ShaneH I would never expect to go swim at Dell's house, but I would also never expect Dell to start dictating to me that his swimming pool is on a different level than mine. I have never asked her for a pull, nor would I ever ask either. So, I am not expecting a thing from her, except to understand she is not the only one with a pool!

• Baller
Stevie Boy, I think that's very unfair to say anyone else is so wrapped up in themselves that they miss the bigger picture. You don't know her or her situation. Honestly, the attitudes towards Susan on here over this just piss me off. It's funny, she's being called snobby or elitist by some people that are acting all holier than thou.

I am willing to bet, there is a fairly large portion of ski lakes that have rules precluding guest skiers, and how many guests a home owner can have. And the ones that have strict rules probably won't publically acknowledge that.

I also know that there are a lot of secret ski spots, just like fishing holes, hunting spots where people are hesitant to share their knowledge regarding location.

We just caught a guy hunting on our family land, rotting deer carcass, blind and all. now we are the A holes because he or no one else can hunt there anymore

On Public lakes: I have been told that I wasn't allowed to be skiing their course, because they put the course in and are a club. "ski on your own course" I have also skied with people like Glenn Plake who welcomes anyone and is friendly and welcoming and an all around a great guy.

So I see and have been on both sides of the coin, I know many people get jaded because people come in ski, chop off buoys and leave. Or let people ski on their lake and they don't offer to pay or take advantage of the generosity offered to them.

If someone opens their course to you, use etiquette be grateful, courteous and offer to compensate, If they don't, don't hold a grudge. Ski Life is to short!

Our ski hole is public water so everyone is welcome, just bring extra buoys

• Baller

I don't think I would want to be on any of the busier private sites that are sold out. Anyone who lives there does so for a reason...they and/or family love skiing. If enough of them are there, and enough of them work for a living the prime skiing hours of before/after work and weekends are likely to be crowded and rationed in some form. Wouldn't think the easiest resale, either, given shooting for a relatively small market of well to do skiers or skiing families. On the surface seems like "the dream" but I would have to choose very carefully. Anyone who does live on them certainly may tell me I'm full-o-baloney cuz I don't live the experience at this point.

For now I love skiing small public water no one else thinks is big enough to be useful.

• Baller
@6balls my sentiments exactly, I do belong to a small but nice water ski club, which is busy but not crowded, I looked at buying property in a water ski community, but when I weighed up the cost of the property plus all the other overheads that go with it, it was a better financially, for me to travel and pay for ski tows at ski schools etc or other venues that offer tows for bucks, gives me the freedom to choose where I ski, thinking I would have to get through a lot of ski tows, to match what I would have spent in a water ski community, on top of that I do not have to worry about maintaining or upgrading boats.

• Baller

A fella' approached Ben O. Williams at a bar and stated he sure would like to hunt with him sometime. Ben wearily replied, "Yes. Everyone would."

"I say this with peace and love. Peace and love. I will not be signing any more autographs!" - Ringo Starr

Some folks have more demands put upon them than others. I imagine it could get exhausting. My dad was a workaholic who just wanted to be with his wife and kids when he wasn't busy. I can't begrudge anyone who wishes to relax and enjoy their family, but I sure appreciate those Ballers that have the temperament and personalities to host random wayward skiers!

• Baller

No comment ...

...actually, I have a quick comment: I don't think I know any players in this thread, and it seems both sides are on the extreme, but I might suggest if you are a realtor trying to sell private lake properties by posting on a blog, you may not want to get in a Web Argument,

• Administrators

I am with @Drago I just skimmed this thread and a lot of you could simmer down a bit. You show up at my house I will most likely take you for a ride but I have to tell you that my time is a premium.

In years past I have waited 3 or 4 hours for a ride because I was a guest. That is in addition to paying for the gas and coaching a during that time. Even now that I have my own lake house it is always a rush to get everyone's rides in. If there is a 6 dock rotation that is 90 to 120 minutes per rotation. One more skier can be a big deal. On a lake with a 10 dock rotation I can not imagine.

• Baller

I find that, in the Guest scenario, it is sometimes better to be there first thing in the morning or really late in the afternoon, Like Horton, I have waited 3, 4, 6 hours for a ski, and have always appreciated the fact, that I got a tow, for a private lake community, weekends and weekday evenings, are always going to be hard.

My scenario is now different, I struggle to find, fellow club members to drive, during the day, when the wind is low and the sun is shining, I often have to wait for the evening rush.

• Baller

There are private lakes everywhere. And use of such lakes is limited....everywhere. People have time and schedule issues.....everywhere. To imply that San Tan is exceptional is self centered to say the least.

And @Drago, this is spot on:

" but I might suggest if you are a realtor trying to sell private lake properties by posting on a blog, you may not want to get in a Web Argument,"

• Baller

@SusanT‌

I have a heart felt appreciation for your sacred family time. It took my wife and I two years to conceive, we were then told our baby would not survive child birth, and to top it off, she was born 9 weeks premature June 26th. We spent the entire summer living 2 hours from home, as our baby fought in the NICU. Our happy, perfectly healthy baby girl finally got to go home in September. I was only able to ski once this year, but an easy trade off for a healthy baby. I can't put into words how I cherish my family time now.

• Baller
Was never my intention for this thread to blow up quite like it did, I was simply looking for a couple sets somewhere, and was graciously offered just that by a few people in the phx area. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control I wasn't ae to take my ski this time around, I understand haveing no invested interest in property for some can be an issue for some, but there are still those beauties that are all game to share the love of the sport with a brother, and that is worth whatever anyone is willing to pay, be it time,money,beer,Kilo Kai ( which I couldn't find in AZ btw. I'm sure I can speak for most of us northern folk when I say any ski time is priceless.

• Baller

@DmaxJC_ski I do not believe you nor I intended this to blow up. You asked a question, I attempted to explain why it is difficult to get a ski ride in AZ and then ski handles began to fly around.

Hey, we are all here because we love water skiing. No, I am not here to "solicit" private ski lake homes, but I do answer questions about the AZ lakes because I am here and have a place at one of them. Besides, I am personally out of inventory. The 3 I had listed have sold, and not because I am on this forum.

@Stevie Boy, yes there is not a huge market for the private ski lake homes. First there are only so many of us and unfortunately, even the least expensive are costly. I do think too, that some people forget to remove their properties for sale from Ski it Again. In general, it takes about a year to get a home sold on a private lake.

In short, I am sorry if I have pissed off a few people. I was merely trying to have you look at the other side of the lake. I do believe I did mention two very good and viable options for getting on a private lake in AZ.