Going to take a few weeks off (months)

Horton

• Baller
You're already in the right place mentally. Just roll with it, it will be over and you'll be skiing again. All medicine has its place, but on the top of my list: physical therapy. Do a lot, as soon as the ortho says go. Good luck with the MRI

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

This is just an observation as a PT. People who are super active as adults tend to "roll with" and recover from injuries much better than the general population. Obviously this it not 100% of the time, but overall it's very true. Of course more active generally means better health, but I think it's more mind set than physical.

In the younger crowd look at the list of broken bones in all the X games sports, rodeo, etc. It's expected that you will get busted up... then get back on the horse, bike, skis, etc.

Now if my mother in law will just understand this concept and stop asking us "Well, are you going to stop this skiing thing after THIS surgery?"

• Baller

That really sucks that @Horton is injured but we will get to mock him in a powervest. He will be banned from ski league.

I listen to @skidawg with great success.

@eddie_roberts_jr you are correct. I do not want to rub anything of JTs

• Baller

Good attitude, @Horton, and whatever the ortho says, do it. The moment I realized I was done, all I did was exactly what he said. Rest as instructed, and rehab as instructed. And do it as long as he says to. Mine assured me that when he told me I was good, I was just as likely to rupture the other one... I did exactly what he said, and since he said "go", I have done just that with no concern about my arm. I'm stronger now than before. Other than it looking a little different, it's just as good as the other arm.

You are not looking to break records....so no need to rush back.

• Baller

I didn't ski for most of last summer so I feel your pain! Being a northerner it was nearly 10 months since I skied due to a late winter shoulder injury. got out there for a month or so last year to end the season, 1 short trip south in November and now just starting again. I still haven't got to where I was 2 seasons ago.

Focus on healing and you'll be back better then ever!

• Administrators

Surgery next week. Does not help to freak out so I am uncharacteristically calm about it.

On the bright side not skiing all summer will give me time to plot crimes against @ms @Dirt @thager @jdarwin and random Ballers

• Baller
Wow. Sorry, man. You have a lot of folks sending you good vibes/mojo/prayers and the like. It will go well in the end. I guess you will have extra time to invest in BOS site/business wish list and to do items...

• Baller
@Horton Damn... You need to take the centurion on the road and do as many Jr. Dev clinics as possible. Do a lot of toes and ship me some 66" skis to test out. The reviews must continue! Heal up quick!

• Baller
@horton same thing happened to me 2 years ago. You may remember my telling you about it. No worries, good as new now, with only an occasional stiffness. Quick recovery out to you

• Baller
I fear we will see an increase in crazy posts from @Horton about straight back legs, heal lift and the like this season... Maybe he'll even write out a new manifesto for AWSA or the ultimate slalom handicap formula. Or maybe just a new carbon fin. Or not.

• Baller

Sorry your bicep is blown. My wife ruptured hers on July 2 and was released to ski on December 8.

The good news for us was that she injured her arm while skiing. The medical portion of our Boat US boat insurance policy covered the $6,000 Blue Cross deductible.

The medical policy with Boat US is zero deductible and covers $25,000 for family and $5,000 for non-family.

Edit: Re-read the OP and see you were in tournament. USA Waterski has you covered.

• Baller

@Horton, sorry to hear. I was on the verge of rupturing mine as well, so I am also resting and trying to recover.

Getting old sucks. Tendons are not what they used to be. But my othopedic surgeon brother said that the biceps was overrated anyways....

Speedy recovery!

• Members
That's a bummer @Horton, if it's the upper attatchment and they do a tenidosis(sp?) really not that big a deal. If thats all they do when their in there, you'll be back in the fall. Good luck!