Could RTP be the answer.....

Chris Taylor

Ok Last year was my first time back skiing in several years and I figured out a bigger ski was needed, battled tennis elbow most of last season and thought thats why I was having a hard time getting up consistently. I could get up about 75% of the time. Once I was up I was doing fine. This year I have been out only once but was unable to to hold on and stand up. I have Radar Vice gloves to help hold on, I am skiing a 69" Radar Theory double boot. Would switching to a RTP make it easier to get up? I haven't skied a RTP since the 2nd year I could slalom. Getting frustrated!!!!

• Baller

It may but I'm guessing you're standing up too fast or your driver is making things difficult for you by not rolling the throttle up smoothly.

I enjoy how easy getting up with a RTP and dragging a leg is but it's not for everyone.

• Baller
I`m muscular and always would muscle myself up instead of letting boat pull me up. I also thought I could hold on to any slack hit due to being strong. By the end of last year my golfers elbow / tendonitis was killing me. After working all winter with a Thera band flexbar and getting up the correct way this year. My elbows feel pretty good. Here is a good instructional on getting up. Hope it helps. http://www.waterskimag.com/how-to/2014/07/01/connelly-how-to-series-deepwater-starts-made-easy/

• Baller
How much do you weigh? That 69" Theory is a pretty good sized ski. I would say make sure that you have your back foot tucked up under your but to get up you want to prevent the ski from plowing. I get up with 1 foot in but have gotten up with both feet and I weigh 230 lbs and ski on a 68" Vapor and get up no problem.

• Baller
With a good driver that ski should get you out of the water. I have skied a traditional ski as heavy as 240lbs. Just make sure that the ski is acting like a ramp and not plowing and that the driver is gradually adding power not just dropping the hammer on you. If the handle is getting snapped out of your hands either the ski is plowing or the driver is hitting you too hard.