2012 ski nautique 200ob

steve77

• Baller
Can anyone tell me what a transmission feels like when it slips? My boat when I am taking off sometimes feels like it free revs for a slip second and then locks in. Once it takes off it doestill do it anymore. Thanks in advance

• Baller

Best way to describe it is like when accelerating in a car and you hit an icy patch on the road.

The thing is for the clutch in the transmission to slip then grab is kind of an odd behavior unless the oil level was an issue. Not saying it's not possible.

Have you ruled out the prop slipping on the drive shaft too? Just thinking of things to rule out before tearing into a transmission.

• Baller

Low oil level.

Check right after turning the engine off so that oil hoses and cooler don't have time to drain back and give false reading.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

You're suppose to check it with the engine idling so you don't have to worry about the oil draining out of the cooler, hoses, pump.

The steps for checking it are in the Nautique manual. But the basic steps are warm it up, shift into forward, reverse, back into neutral, leave it idling and check that the oil is between the 2 marks on the transmission dipstick.