2014 Nautique 200 codes

mbabiash

• Baller

It means the engine computer thinks one of the exhaust manifolds / catalytic converters is too hot. I assume the 1 indicated which one of the two, but I have no idea which side is designated 1 and which side is 2. When you say the water temp is 160-169, that's the temperature of the engine block and not directly related to the temp of the manifolds.

The raw water pump picks up water from the lake and first feeds it to either the heat exchanger for the closed loop cooling systems, or to the thermostat housing for the raw water cooled engine. Then the slightly warmer water exits the heat exchanger or thermostat housing and is pumped through exhaust manifold / catalytic converters to cool them and then exits out the exhaust port.

It takes more water from the lake to cool the manifolds than it does to keep the engine cool. So if the raw water pump is delivering less water than normal, the engine can stay at normal temps but the manifolds can overheat. Especially on engines with catalytic converters which I assume you have because PCM engines didn't monitor manifold temps before catalytic converts to my knowledge.

It could be as simple as trash was partially blocking the water pickup on the bottom of the boat. And if you cut off the engine to clear the code, the trash may have fallen off the water intake. Or it could be your impeller needs changing. How many hours since it was last changed? Or it could be a bad temp sensor. Since it didn't come back immediately, it's more than likely trash or a marginal impeller.

• Baller

Thanks @ jpwhit. After looking into it.

The impeller has not been changed since new and it has 170 hours on it. I plan on changing that.

I'm going to check for trash in the hoses and

I called a dealer and the technician was super helpful.

He said some 14 and 15 models had the ecu calibrated for the wrong temp on manifolds and they get triggered pre maturely.

An ecu recalibration is required and apparently solves the problem.

Thanks

• Baller

@Jody_Seal I never took the boat in for the Ecu recalibration but it did happen a few more times last season after an impeller change.

I didn't try to remove the screen in the container so I will try that this year. Could removing that screen cause any future problems. Was that service bulletin for the 5.7 closed cooled?

Thanks

Matt