All new 2016 Vapor

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@Chris Rossi thanks for the help setting up. I'm luvin this ski, Just to let all the skiers that aren't into deep short line know, this ski still rocks. Speaking for me, and coming off a Strada 55 that I've been on for about 5 yrs, this stick has reinvigorated my skiing. I am living proof that it works for many levels and I do believe that I can get through 28, if not this season as we only have a few weeks left, next year for sure. The added bonus is that this ski is less effort, and less stress on my body, which at 62yrs old is important, as I want to stay involved in the game for many more years. Thanks again Chris!

• Baller

I got on mine last night after a set on my green. Really crappy water with wind and boat rollers. A little skittish on the turn in but way early for every ball. I thought the green was forgiving, this things even better! I matched my summers PB the first time on it and there's more for sure. I feel that you have to be real aggressive and flog the thing, it just eats up crappy water too. Great ski! I can't wait to get more time on it and try it in good water but unfortunately that's rare where we have our course and the season is quickly coming to an end here. Like my STRADA, Green VAPOR and this one I am glad I made the purchase. Get one under you NOW!

I am not too excited about the graphics and wish it had a new name as it is a totally new ski if you put them side by side. Mine does not have the vents either, maybe too new?

• Baller
Have about 9 sets into the ski. I liked it from the start and it just gets better and better as I get more passes on it. Another note of interest is the water is already starting to cool off as the season ages, and it does not seem to be having an effect yet.

• Baller_
mine has no vents, as it was built as part of the batch for Nationals, last weekend it performed well in crappy conditions, and the weekend before that it got me to the 4 ball or more at 11m in 4 of 6 tournament rounds which was terrific for me, now I just need to get the BOA boots so I'll gets the perfect adjust/fit every set

• Baller
Great start to that 41 Ward! This ski is designed so that you may come up at centerline (behind the boat) and then cast out to the buoy. As I've experienced, this plays perfectly into zero off and how and where it likes the skier load. The new ski casts out extremely well so the only adjustment you will need to make is to trust to come up at centerline. As you all can see in the video, the other changes to the ski help to make it turn on a dime as well. My new thought process on this ski is to shift my power band so that it starts earlier (closer to buoy) and finishes earlier (centerline). When I trust this, I am continually blown away at how easy it is to get out to the buoys and make up course, tight turns at 41. This will apply to your hardest pass no matter what the speed/line length.

• Baller
Binding placement question on new 68 Vapor. I have a big foot (13+) squeezed into a large Wileys Pro Wrap. Previously, I was on the green Vapor, then the Blue Vapor and now the current one. This new Vapor is stellar and the out of the box setup by Brooks Wilson at Nationals is perfect!! The ski does things in the glide and onside turn that the other Vapors did not do. So the question... The recommended setup is 30" from the front boot heel to tail. I'm at 30.75" to the inside of the rear horseshoe. The ski feels great and I'm not inclined to change, just wondering why the measure could be so dramatically different. Ankle placement due to foot size, rubber vs. hard shell??? People are discussing fin changes of a few thousandths and I'm wondering about 3/4" binding location!

• Baller
This KoolAid is looking wonderful. Gotta see if the rotator cuff will be another season ender. Radar will be the first to know what the doctor says Friday. Been trying to hold out for the V-Type R, but @Chris Rossi describing the center line design changed my mind. Just sound like a solid idea for ZO skiing. With that in mind, are there ZO suggestions?

• Baller
@MAD11 - if i can get logan out of school, we would love to come down early and grab a few sets for sure. @Stevie Boy I can't say if its worth $1500 for you, only you can decide that. I can say that this ski is not like any other radar i have ever ridden. Try and find one to demo if you must before you buy. Not sure where you are located? Maybe I can help locate a shop that will demo for you?