2013 MasterCraft won't start

RykertOT3

The club I ski with has a 2013 MasterCraft Prostat with an Ilmor 5.7 I've recently changed the impeller after it was running hot. Now the engine does not start. I've checked all the obvious things: gas, battery ( the starter sounds fine), the sound of the fuel pump when turn the key, kill switch, etc. I hear it turn over when I try to start it, but the engine gives me no indication whatsoever that it will start. Is there some sort of computer reset that I need to do? I'm all out of ideas, and hoping not to spend a few hundred bucks for a ridiculously quick fix.

• Baller
Check fuel pressure too. You can guages at auto parts store. There's a port somewhere near the fuel rails. It should go up to proper fuel pressure when you turn the key on (buzzing sound). Maybe disconnect the battery for a while to reset the cpu.

• Baller

Check that the kill switch is in the proper position (should be a little forked plastic piece that holds the kill switch out -- it usually has some type of bungee attached to it and is near the throttle lever). If that is not the problem here are some other things to look for as posted by JimN on the Mastercraft team talk forum:

Open the motor cover, turn the key ON and listen to a 2 second buzzing sound. If you don't hear anything, look for the Fuel Pump fuse. If that's OK, make sure the plug on the pump is in place. If that's tight, go to the rear of the motor and look for the ground point for the various ground wires, making sure they're tight and in place. Wiggle them and if any come off, that's probably the cause.

• Baller_
Check your main screen and see if it shows voltage in the lower corner. if no voltage is showing you have lost voltage supply to engine. a simple jumper wire to the battery cut off switch should take care of the problem... that is if that is the problem.

• Baller
Our 2012 Mastercraft would not start (990 hours) after we thought it run out of gas. It would turn over but not start. Had a couple of guys in club (one a PCM certified) start trying to figure it out without use of ILmore software. It appeared to be the coil pack or the Main Computer pack. Since coil pack was $150 and Computer was close to $1000 we tried the coil pack first. Lucky for us coil pack was the issue and boat started right up and is still running ok. Hope your issue is this easy and cheap.