The Wake Tractor is Ski Tractor next?

rodltg2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

There were two of these at the Chattanooga boat show yesterday. The Nautique/Centurion dealer in Chattanooga (Erwin Marine) has Bayliner also. They are different looking but appear to be well built. If I was a young person (good job but on a tight budget) wanting to get started in Wake/Surf boat stuff and wanted a new boat I can see the appeal. The two models on display in Chattanooga were $42,000 plus and $52,000 plus.

oldmanskier

• Baller
Was talking about these with a buddy recently. It would be nice if they could make it look like a boat. It wouldn't be that hard to bring down the price of a boat. Get rid of all the gadgets and keep it simple. I don't know how many people need a touch screen.

• Baller

Gotta remember this boat is targeted more at Millennials, probably without kids, and I know a lot of them that have shown a lot of interest in the boat. What's holding them all back is the lack of knowledge and reviews on that boat though. It's a lot of money to drop on a concept that appears to work but no one I personally know has even seen one in person much less been on the lake in one.

You can kind of assume similarities between various boat manufacturers of certain years...ie V drives in the early 2000's, direct drives in the mid 80's, etc. It's a bit harder to guess what a totally new boat design and concept will be like.

• Baller
I would never go back to analog after having my MC touchscreen. It's covered under warranty for 5 years, so that's quite a while to give it a chance to fail. If I still own it after the warranty expires, and have to replace it, so be it...it's too worth to me.

• Baller

I would pretty happily trade the touch pad starting and the rest of my touch screen functionality for some Carlin switches. If my touch pad fails I can still start with the emergency key but lose control of lights, ballast, blower and bilge pump with no way to jump them. Don't mind the digital gauges in the center non touch screen since I still have an analog speedo and tach.

3w1i5eljdst0.jpg

• Baller

Supposedly the one in a 2012 Malibu is around $1800 - lower right screen in my picture. There have been a lot of screen de-laminations reported on the Malibu crew forum. I suspect that the bigger screens in the newer boats are more. To me it is just more expensive junk to fail. The one (and only) thing that HeyDay did right with their boats was utilizing a cheap/generic tablet as their touchscreen interface rather than a boat specific expensive part.

And back to Heyday - anyone actually seen one of these on the water yet? Still have not seen one personally.