New boat

Roger

• Baller

New boat on the way!72cv02ph3gfu.jpg

My last 4 boats have been Ski Nautiques, but Mastercraft came on the Radar when I drove @JRS new 2016 which I feel was a major improvement in the tracking department. I've liked the new MC looks and ergonomics since the 14 came out, but thought the tracking lagged behind the SN. I still think the 200 is the best tracking boat, but now the MC has closed the gap to the point that I am comfortable that any of the drivers I might use for practice can put her down the middle. I took the time earlier this week to go and drive and ski behind the actual boat I am buying to make sure the boat @JRS ownes was not a fluke and this one drives just as well (I pulled Tim Huston to mid 39 with it and it was every bit as good as JRS's boat). Just waiting for the paperwork to go through now.

• Baller
Thanks guys. Dropped my SN-196 off at the new owners house on the way home from the lake today. Boatless until I pick up the new one. Paperwork was sent Friday via FedEx and includes a FedEx return envelope (dealer is approx. 3.5 hours from me). I will sign and return tomorrow. I expect the rest of the documentation only takes the dealer a day, so hopefully I'll go up Thursday night and stay with my Brother who is fairly close to the dealer and pick the boat up Friday morning. That should put me back here early enough to get the FL numbers on, take some photos and go down to the County offices to swap my old Okeeheelee sticker for a new one. There is actually a Mastercraft dealer right here in Lake Worth, but I already have a business relationship with Tim Huston (Mastercraft and Cadillac dealer in Lake Wales) where we bought my wife's SUV and also he had the boat in the colors I want. However long it takes, I'll be hitching some pulls from my friends to keep practicing as we have one more tournament this year on 10/31.

• Baller
Whew, what a weekend. Drove up to Brandon Thursday night where my brother lives and stayed the night with him and his wife to make things a bit easier. Friday morning arrived at Huston Mastercraft in Lake Wales and finished up the transaction. Called the company that creates the FL numbers with the information needed and she promised to have them ready by 1:00pm. Installed the transferred plate from my old trailer and towed the boat back to my house (approx. 3 hours back to Lake Worth). Went over and picked up the numbers (really nice deal here, they do them on a sheet with the proper spacing already there, so you just tape the top or bottom edge to your hull where you want them, peel off the backing and press them in place. Then peel off the protective transparent paper, remove the tape you placed it with and you're left with perfectly aligned hull numbers!). Printed out my transferred insurance declaration page and the County packet required for Okeeheelee permits, filled it all out and headed down to the County Parks office with my old permit stickers removed from my old boat. They handed my the new stickers (no charge) and I returned home ready for the weekend. Skied 2 sets each day and my wife skied 1 set each day and we're both thrilled. I look forward to many satisfying years with this puppy!

• Supporting Member

@Roger I misunderstood @pregom on my first couple of reads. Then I realized he is "in on the joke," and is referring to 10000 (binary) == 16 (decimal).

Also, I'd like to issue a formal apology for turning a thread about a beautiful boat into a Binary Nerdfest. :)

• Baller
As a full time programmer/analyst, I'm all in on the binary thing (and I love my new hull numbers) :) I got his post and if you think about it, it works both ways, with 4 digits you have 16 possibilities in binary and 10,000 possibilities in decimal, but both representations looks the same (10000). Got to love that!

• Baller

242noxdhskyf.jpg

Replaced the crazy webbing based pole system with two drop trough poles. I can cover the boat in a couple of minutes now (or about the same amount of time it took to set up the old poles and webbing system before placing the cover on the boat).