OB4 News-I just got this email from Mike Mosley

Commuterfisher

• Baller

Date:Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Subject:OB4 Systems

To All OB4 Systems customers,

Update:

I, am no longer acting as an agent, employee, representative or in any function or capacity of OB4 Systems, at the request of my investors. Though I do still own a portion of the company. They think they can promote and market the system I developed and the company I originated better than I can. Unfortunately they have little knowledge of the sport of competitive water skiing, nor the use of the system that I have been using for twenty-two years. While I am more than happy to answer questions about your use of the system, I can no longer represent that I am acting in any way on behalf of OB4. Nor can I provide you with any parts. You can reach me at the above email address, and not through OB4.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Mike Mosley

The Designer and Originator of the OB4 system

• Baller
If you consider your market world wide I think there could be a fairly big market. Might be best to have a dealer network and train dealer. You could get some bigger ski schools to help market. Maybe a system for wakeboarding. I know some wakeboarder that have done some major ankle or knee damage.

• Supporting Member
I talked with Mike numerous times, on the phone, in email, and in person at Nationals. He was always cordial, helpful, and honest -- including about the limitations of the current OB4 system. It's hard to imagine how Kevin had the experience he did.

• Supporting Member

As an inventor myself, it's always sad to this too-often-played story. The innovator very often sees a business as a way to provide funds to continue to innovate. The investor very often sees a business as a way to monetize a static product. I believe we all lose when this dichotomy forces a rift.

However, I still recommend the OB4 system as the currently safest commercial binding system.

And I look forward to what Mike may bring to the world of waterskiing next!

• Baller

Almost lost a Reflex shell taking it off sitting on the back of the boat after a set.

And i m sure my friend Exos would sink if not attached to his ski and drop in the lake.

Lost a 3 sets old handle this summer while changing handles in the water (yes i m that stupid!).

Shit happens!

Sorry for both situations here...

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Administrators
I am not sure this is the place to talk about the internal dispute at OB4. Water ski industry dirty laundry might be entertaining but I think it is primarily a negative topic.