This season I will buy my first "xyz"

Bill22

• Baller

One more winter discussion to pass the time until spring. This sport is not cheap but new gear is always fun to get.

What upgrades have you made or plan to make this season that will be a first? Including items from September '15 through August 2016.

1. House on a private ski lake

2. House on a public lake/river

3. First BRAND NEW ski boat

4. First promo ski boat

5. First direct drive ski boat

6. First ski boat w/ ZO

7. First ski boat w/ PerfectPass

8. First high end, current year top level ski

9. First new ski in over 10 years

10. First pair of high quality bindings

11. Other gear; comp slalom vest, nice handle

12. First dry suit or Camaro wetsuit

13. First set of coaching w/ pro coach

14. First trip to Regionals / Nationals

15. First waterski vacation

• Baller

I have been doing my part to support the BOS advertisers. Late last season I got some new gear.

1. A new handle from Brenda at InTow (first new good handle).

2. A Camaro Black Tec shorty from Robby's proshop (first Camaro).

3. First current high end ski, 2015 Vapor Lithium. Previous skis have all been mid level, i.e. Senate C, Nitro, Mach I. Got this from a baller late last fall and still have not had it on the water. Can't wait for spring!

• Baller

1. I bought a ZO off boat this winter. 2012 TXI

2. I am going to pick up a Camaro Black Tec for sure.

3. I'd love to upgrade my HO S2 to a top V type R, D3 Quest, Radar Vapor, or Denali, but that will have to wait until 2017. My S2 should get me to my goal of consistent 32s.

4. I will definitely seek out some professional coaching this year. Hope we have some good options in the PNW this summer.

• Baller

Bought my boatlift in 2003 thinking''this year the lift,next year boatlift motor''.

13 years after,there will be no more manual cranking after 2 morning sets.

Motor is here!

Also getting some Miami Nautique gloves and Camaro tops.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

I have most of the list covered or have gone through some to get what I currently have?

This season just a new In-Tow rope (ordered) and gloves to get me through the season should work.

I know spending time with TFinn is on my list as always! Hope to see the same amount of improvement this season as I did last season! If so look out because there will be a couple more colors knocked off my line! :)

• Baller
@Lars Stargazer is on my list. I chose to put it on the back burner and spend that cash on a 4 ball portable course, even though I have a 6 ball course. I want to save every minute possible and see if I can make some quick runs after work this summer.

Hmm, how things change. Looking to move to Tulsa from small town America. So, a boat purchase is possibly on hold for the year. However, joining a Tulsa area slalom lake and buying a new ski vest is a huge possibility along with a lesson or two from TFin.

• Baller

First Camaro Blacktec can't wait to try it out. Thing makes a guy look like a superhero if nothing else.

Regular ski buddy upgrading to Nautique 200 with ZO from '97 196 w/PP!

Another regular ski buddy toying with a Txi with ZO from a '00 Response Lx.

First time applying GUT to my skiing...hoping my surgically corrected back holds out.

• Baller
I'm getting a Denali ski. I've stayed with used skis the past years, but the Denali approach of building skis for those of us who aren't pro's really appeals to me. Very much looking forward to May when they start cranking out these skis, then giving it a run. My Sans Rival has never quite lived up to my expectations; I loved the one I demo'd, but the one I purchased was not quite as good.

• Baller

May have a few. Like @Horton and others, will be testing out an ortopedic upgrade, a new ACL built from 2 hamstring tendons.

Also, my first ZeroOff boat, a Txi.

And, if all goes well with the knee, maybe finally go to a Regionals. Right up the road this year.

• Baller

Well it looks like my ski purchasing budget for the year is getting routed toward a Nautique 196 w/ZeroOff. Should have it home in the next few weeks.

Funny thing - I wasn't even in the market for a boat, but when presented with the right boat at the right price, I couldn't say no.

My wife and I bought our dream house on the lake (Boone Lake, TN) in June. I Also ordered my 1st new ski (Syndicate) and topped it off with new bindings. The old '91 American Skier boat will have to do for a few years while the house and dock are updated drastically.

• Baller

@npenley welcome to BOS. That is totally awesome you got a house on the lake! Can you have it ready by July 4? You could invite all of BOS to your place for a cookout... wait that weekend is one of the BOS cash prize tournaments. We'll take a rain check.

What HO ski did you get?

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Two weeks after we closed on the new house the TVA announced that our lake will be about 30-35 feet below full pool for 5-7 years. A sinkhole was found at the base of the dam and seepage was found downstream. As you can all imagine we were very disappointed but remain dedicated to use and enjoy the water as much as possible. Our dock is about 100 feet from the water. I need to take some photos to post up. The mountain views are beautiful and we are fortunate enough to have green space/ wildlife area across the lake. A floating dock with lift is in our future plans but money is tight and the house needs renovations.

Bill, I bought a 67" HO Syndicate A3 from Wiley's. I believe it is the 2013 model. I went with the basic front & rear high wrap boots. I have been skiing an old HO VTX and a HO Turbo (both of which may be older than I am). I just got the new ski tonight and am looking forward to getting it wet but it may be a couple weeks.

I registered here after searching for ski reviews. My wife and I have both been skiing open water for years and cringe when we see a wakeboard destroy glassy water. Unfortunately we do not have a course on Boone Lake and I doubt we ever will.

Sorry for the long post from a new guy.