LaPoint Ski Park

MickeyThompson

• Baller
Just spent the last 9 days at LaPoint Ski Park with Kris, Jennifer, @lpskier, Corey Vaughn, Mary and Scott Thompson. What a great time and a great place to ski. Cory is an amazing skier and a great ambassador for our sport. Kris is a great host and an amazing coach. Everyone makes you feel at home. A lot of skiers trying the new Mapple T3 with great success. Wow what a great time.

• Baller

6-buoy overlapping course, also referred to as an 8-buoy. I suppose if you were super-

athletic, you could pull out immediately and ski all 8, with the boat still accelerating at

the start. The setup is in about 1600' of length. One end has a turnout, so the lake is

L-shaped (mirror image L, that is). When I was there in November, they were working on

a pulldown system for the "Zero" buoy.

• Baller_
The "pull down system" is completed and in use. Works great! As a result the set ups are no different than any other ski site, with no distracting "friendly buoy," unless of course you like it, and some folks do.

Lpskier

• Baller_

@zman I can't comment on OB1's system as I haven't seen it. We are similar to the system used by Phil Hughes at Champions Lake. It uses a swing arm powered by device used to open cattle gates and can be operated by hard wired button or a remote garage door type transmitter.

@DanE Sure is. Starting to get busy with March here and the water getting warmer. Wetsuits are a thing of the past!

Lpskier

• Baller_
For ski rides, not required, but encouraged. We are a club, not a ski school, so there are times when no one is there. If you'd like to ski, we'd love to have you, but it is best to let us know when you'd like to come. On the other hand, if you do want to take a lesson, then advance booking is required.

Lpskier